Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Note Acenta 1.6 auto 59 reg;
Could someone answer me a couple of questions please; if known

When starting the engine, the air con seems to automatically switchon if the heater flaps are anywhere near demist / floor position. Also if the heater flaps are set to face for example and air con is off, turning towards demistswitches air con on again. Any way to re-configure so I decide when the air con is switched on?

Do fittings exist to raise the height of the drivers seat (higher than the lever adjustment) where it's bolted to the floor?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
TheAC comes on when you have it set defrost to balance the temp of the screen as it defrosts it,it does it to prolong the life of the screen iirc
It depends on how much extra hight you want theres nothing off the shelf you could get some spacers turned up on a lathe and some longer bolts, tbh i have a friendwho is5'2" and its fine for her with the steering adjusted

The further you have the seat back the lower it goes when you pump the seat up with the leaver to actually goes up and forward case of having a play

i''m 6'2" with long legs and arms with a bit of adjustment i fit

·
Registered
39 Posts
Air con is set to come on in the positions you describe. On mine (08 Acenta, it comes on in any setting where there is an orange symbol on the vent controls. I assume this is to aid defrosting but I thought air con only operated above 5C so seems a bit redundant in the winter. I don't think you can overide the setting other than switching off each time which is what I do.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
air con settings are not changable , its all preset , for demisting you should always have air con on , it will also help stop condensation ect , the easiest thing to do is ignore it and live by the rule that it knows best

1 - 5 of 5 Posts