1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014, Nissan, Note, Tekna Dig-S E12
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
First thanks for the join.
I purchased my Note about a month ago, and i'm puzzled by the fact that it doesn't have an outside temperature display on the dash board, in the manual it does say its an optional extra, so I don't know if it is fitted or not.
Is there any way to tell weather it is fitted and not working, or just not fitted.
Any help would be appreciated, I have looked at some of the posts already here, but they were unresolved.
Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Your Note should have the outside temp. Mine does, and it's a Acenta plus.
The Tekna being top spec must surely have it too.
The only explanation that springs to mind is that you may have to scroll through the trip menu to bring it up.
I'd have a good read in the owners manual to figure it out if i was you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your Note should have the outside temp. Mine does, and it's a Acenta plus.
The Tekna being top spec must surely have it too.
The only explanation that springs to mind is that you may have to scroll through the trip menu to bring it up.
I'd have a good read in the owners manual to figure it out if i was you.
Hi,
I have read through the manual several times, but its not really clear, does anyone know where the sensor would be? I believe its somewhere at the front of the engine compartment. If someone could tell me I could have a look to see if its there?
Thanks for the help.
Regards.

·
Registered
908 Posts
When i owned the diesel 1.5 ntec variant, the temp sensor was clipped to the inside of the plastic grille at the front of the car.
If i remember right it was black, around a centimetre long and rectangular in shape with the wire disappearing into the loom.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i owned the diesel 1.5 ntec variant, the temp sensor was clipped to the inside of the plastic grille at the front of the car.
If i remember right it was black, around a centimetre long and rectangular in shape with the wire disappearing into the loom.
Thanks I will have a look for it.
Regards
L

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All,
I've been on to the Nissan garage that originally sold my car when it was new, it was one of the first of the "New" shape back in 2014, and without the long story to bore everyone it would seem that some of the first cars did NOT have the outside temperature displayed on the dash, also I don't have the tyre sensors and I can't adjust the clock from the display, only from the LCD display with the sat-nav etc, but at least there is nothing wrong with the car.

Thanks to all who contributed to this conversation.
Regards the all.

·
Registered
908 Posts
If you want the outside temperature displayed you can always buy an aftermarket unit on eBay or Amazon and fit it yourself, very easy job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts