Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2006 dci that progressively has gotten harder to start. Runs great when started. Now it won't start at all. I put my scanner on it and get the code p0089 fuel regulation. Just wondering if this is a common fault and if there is a usual suspect, before I try to test the fuel pressure sensor and regulator. It has a new fuel filter fitted BTW. Thanks in advance. Rich

·
Registered
725 Posts
A quick google threw up this on ( P0089 OBD-II Trouble Code: Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Performance ) --

How serious is the P0089 code?

P0089 may be an indication of a failing fuel pump. Once the fuel pump fails the vehicle may stop running while driving or fail to start and run.

The other symptoms such as poor vehicle running, misfire, lean, and rich conditions can cause the vehicle to become unsafe to drive. Diagnosis of P0089 should be performed ASAP.

What repairs can fix the P0089 code?

Replacement of damaged or restricted fuel lines
Fuel pressure regulator replacement
Replacement of clogged screens and filters
Failed fuel pump replaced

Additional comments for consideration regarding the P0089 code

Two specific tools will be necessary to properly diagnose P0089. First is a manual fuel pressure test kit. This will allow for fuel pressure readings to be taken at the fuel rail. This is critical for accurate testing.

The other tool required is a professional level scan tool. Advanced scan tools allow live date to be seen and changes over time. Scan tools allow us to see things such as sensor data, fuel pressure, voltage, ohms and other important information.
Hope it helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts