Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking atpurchasinga 2010/2011 auto transmission note, nd just had acoupleofquestions.First, i've noticed whenbrowsingthrough the cars, 'rear parking system', is this just simply 'sensors' or is it a little more sophisticated?

Secondly, why is it there aren't many white notes out there, is white a recentcolouraddition?

TIA. Dave.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Sensors and proximity bleeping - that's it.
Artic (sic) White was IIRC correctly a recent addition. Lovely colour, bugger to keep pristine, there are a couple around here and they always look 'grubby'.

BTW welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
white is a pita to keep clean it was an option on the 59 plate also resale values can beupto £500 less its the same with pink and yellows
the old bill started to buy other colours 10 year or so backdue to resale prices/fleet costs

parking sensors - there are 4 across the back and the black box and sounder are in the boot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies chaps, it was just that i had seen a video of a 'nissan connect' system with a rear view camera. i suspect it was an american, more expensive car anyway.
Yeah, white probably isn't a good choice really. as it wouldn't be garaged and left open to the elements all the time

Thanks, Dave.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The lcd and camera setup is in the new 2013 note (now aseptember 2013 release)
The yanks dont get the note thay have the versa instead (whats the replacement for the old primera) you can get the versa in ireland and across europe tho

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
white was an option when Mrs Elephant got her N-Tec (60 plater) and they certainly look good when clean, but she wanted a black one for sneaking around at night.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update.... hopefully pick up a 51 plate 1.6 auto TEKNA later this week( or next week) so will officially become a newbie
When I saw it in white, I had to have it

When I went to the very busy salesman, he just give me the note's keys and told me to take it for a spin
took no details from me whatsoever, very trusting of him.

One thing, that i forgot to ask the salesman, when I put the car in reverse, I didn't here any noise from the parking sensors. Do they only 'beep' when you are close to another car for example?

Dave.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
if its fitted you get 1 long tone to tell your going backwards it then only beeps when you get near to something
the last of this shape note dont come with minor bits of trim and the sensors area option on all but the ntec+now

when you go to get it open the bonnet and make sure you have an engine cover as its one of the items there not fitting due to running down stocks at the factory

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It had 4 sensors in the rear bumper and it is advertised as being fitted, maybe I missed the long tone, didn't get too close to anything so that might explain the silence.

Thanks, Dave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts