Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new owner (I've said hello in the newbies bit) here.

A few early problems that as the dealer (independent) I got the car from is 60 miles away and they didn't seem too well versed on customer relations and on sorting problems, I thought it easier to sort myself so:

The buttons on the spare key supplied don't work - I suspect a flat battery so can anyone tell me:

1. What battery I need (I know I can open it up and look but I'm being lazy)
2. Will the key need reprogramming as it's not had power for a while (Old Ford key I had needed the battery to be done within 10 seconds)
3. If I do need it reprogramming, how do I do it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
CR2016 according to the handbook.

No idea how to reprogram it, try a new battery first.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the imobliser is a passive chip in the key all the buttons do is operate the central locking iirc. get in the car (dont shut the door) key in the ignition turn it on till the lights come up on the dash press both buttons on the fob and hold for 20 seconds, let go of the buttons and try the key (take the key out of the ignition first)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Long time since first message. Didn't try what was suggested above due to sheer laziness, to be honest. Just popped the key away and didn't think about it anymore until the Mrs thought she'd lost her key (was quickly found again) so thought I'd investigate.

Didn't do what was suggested, just used the key to start the car and when I stopped again, hey presto the remote locking worked!

I wonder what I'd have been charged if I'd not done this and taken it to Nissan to be "Re-coded"?

Have had no dealings with the local dealers but after the Citroen went in and they tried to charge £200 for replacing an insecure headlight when the only thing wrong was a missing bolt, I'm wary of the main dealers...

Anyway, thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts