Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my wife has a Note 1.4SE 2006 and it has developed a noisy air con fan blower. It will only start with a thump on the dashboard but when running all the controls work ok. I suspect it is rubbish in the fan itself or worn bearings. Does anyone know how to take the fan?motor out to inspect it. Any help would be grateful as a repair at the garage is expensive.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you can access it by taking the glovebox out whats 5 screws 2 at the bottom and 3 at the top, and remove the ducting from the passenger side the fan its self is held by clips and the wiringEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou for taking the time to reply. I took off the glovebox but could not see the fan assembly. My wife has climate control fitted, I wonder if this type is different. I reseated the cables into the power module & resistor while i was there. All quite awkward to get too.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
climate is slightly different give me a min and i will double check it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for the picture. Is this something an amateur home mechanic can attempt in your opinion. I am quite experienced on working with cars, but never a Nissan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have ordered up a manual off ebay, though best as I know from experience that clips and fasteners are very easy to break on plastic covers etc. Many, many thanks for your help. Any more tips would be gladly appreciated. Planning on taking photos so I can post after.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
a few more post and you could of hadthe esmfor free
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took the plunge and replaced the fan assy today.It can be dismantled into two bits, the motor/fan and the housing. Following the manual, took off the whole dashboard and attempted to remove the rht hand air duct which is impossible without taking out the whole steel strengthener/subframe so I had to cut the air duct so a piece could be moved enough to get the fan assy out which broke in the process. To avoid the possibility of breaking the new assy, I fitted the new fan assy in two parts, the motor/fan fits into a housing so the motor/fan goes in first and then the housing - then when aligned correctly the two bits are pushed together up and it clips up again. Tape up air duct and put everything back. Old units brushes were absolutely shot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts