Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m hearing a thumping noise when moving off , this has now worsened it sometimes does it when braking and turning , can anyone help with advise , it’s not the ball joints or the steering which have been checked along with the brake pins. Any help gratefully received . It’s a 1.4 from 2012.
cheers Paul

·
Registered
908 Posts
Do you feel movement in the steering wheel which coencides with the noise ?
If yes, then i would suspect the front drive shaft CV joints.
May also be worth checking the brake components, disks etc are securely fastened.

·
Super Moderator
1,975 Posts
Engine stabiliser/bushes/mounts.

Sub frame bushes possibly, they are well known to fail.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you feel movement in the steering wheel which coencides with the noise ?
If yes, then i would suspect the front drive shaft CV joints.
May also be worth checking the brake components, disks etc are securely fastened.
I don’t have any movement in the steering and the brakes have been checked so I’ve crossed them off the list but thanks .
paul

·
Registered
908 Posts
Check the tyres for any odd wear patches or flat spots.
Make sure the wheel is actually round and not twisted or buckled, even slightly.
Also wheel bearings can make the noise you describe if they have broken in the hub and the wheel rotation rolls and "drops" onto the broken section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the tyres for any odd wear patches or flat spots.
Make sure the wheel is actually round and not twisted or buckled, even slightly.
Also wheel bearings can make the noise you describe if they have broken in the hub and the wheel rotation rolls and "drops" onto the broken section.
The car has been up on a lift and the wheel bearing tyres have been checked and discounted.Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
908 Posts
Sounds like you need to book the car in for a full inspection, try a good local independant garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts