Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there newbie posting forthe first time.
I'm wondering if anyone can help, i have got a 56 plate note, purchased5 months ago and it seems to have a clunking/clicking noise from the OSF wheelonly when i brake. The brake disks and pads where supposed to have been replaced when i got it,as these were advisories on the MOT.

My warranty from the garage has expired and it seems far too soon to get brake pad problems.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nothing comes to mind to cause a clunking / clicking only when you brake.

First off check that all the wheel bolts are tightened properly.

If the wheel bolts are all tight (and assuming you're able and confident to do so) pop the front wheel off and have a good look around for anything insecure.

If you're not happy to do this yourself than I'd suggest finding a small independent garage and asking them to take a look.. and sooner rather than later.

I'd be vary wary of driving it with any unexpected noise that is brake related.

Hope that helps!
George

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had something similar on a Peugeot one of the pads had broken and was moving under braking. Agree with George and get checked ASAP. Kwik steals are open on Sunday and do free brake checks though make sure you're sitting down if anything needs done. That said I was only getting 20k out of the oem brakes while I got well over 60k from the set Kwik fit fitted on the pug.

Brian

·
Registered
276 Posts
Totally agree that you should get it checked ASAP - although I'd be wary of KwikFit telling you that you need work doing that isn't really needed just to keep their guys busy (and your wallet depeleted).

If you can look yourself there are some good pictures of the front brake and disc setup HERE

George

1 - 4 of 4 Posts