Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I hope this is the right spot. I have a 14 ref Nissan note tekna diesel. I generally only do short journeys on the school run / to shopping etc recently myCruise Control, SL, Gear change or blind spot warning lights have stopped working.I have been told it could be the dpf filter needs clearing so we have given it a 40 minute blast on the motorway going 70-75 with 2.25 rpm all the way and they are still not coming on. Does anyone have any further ideas or if it needs something else doing or if I’m on the wrong track entirely. Any assistance and suggestions welcome

·
Registered
908 Posts
Firstly a diesel should not be the choice of engine for short journeys, they are meant for mile munching.
As for the issues you have, have you checked fuses / relays for said lights ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Circumstances have changed meaning that short journeys are the only things I use it for at the minute. It is what it is. I would appreciate advise on how to bring back the controls. All posts on the site regarding this issue seem to fade out with no real resolve bar taking it for a service but then never come back with what needed to be done so before I go that route I wanted to see if there was something I could do to resolve it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You should check your DTC with a code reader. If the DPF throws up a code it needs to be cleared after the DPF has been cleaned otherwise the car's ECU will not allow certain functions. You can use a simple code reader for £10 or less.

Re. the suitability of diesel for short journeys, we have had our 63 for 6 years and the majority is shorter journeys. It is still a lot more economical than a petrol would be and probably because of corona and NO long journeys at present - just the weekly shop - our 1.5DCI threw up the DTC for a blocked DPF. I sat in the garage and cycled through the revs as prescribed to unblock the DPF and the car is fine again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts