Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Nissans...they make the fantastic GT-R, the second best sports coupe in the world (sorry Nissan but the Porsche Turbo is still no.1 for me!), the mighty Patrol, still the best 4x4 on the planet (sadly not for sale in the UK for the last few years, and of course the best 5 door hatchback, the amazing NOTE!
I was a late adopter of Japanese cars, stupidly staying with idiotic Ford and Vauxhall rust boxes for many years...although one of the best cars I ever owned was a Cavalier GSI which I bought new in 1990 (a couple of months later they brought out the Calibra and I was kicking myself for not waiting!). Part of the prejudice was due to some of the cars my mother owned, including a woeful Daihatsu Charade (jesus what a lump of crap) and a Mitsubishi something or other that went like stink but was apparently made of paper...the Origami 1.6 perhaps?
The 300ZX changed all that...what an amazing motor! I picked up a low mileage one for very little money and ran it for five years without one single incident. A second hand Toyota Supra followed this, yet another bargain priced banshee of a car. Since then I've had a Honda Legend, a lovely little MR2 and of course my present weekender, the GT34 V-Spec, which is simply the best car ever made bar none. It does everything, and still draws crowds despite being 13 years old. I was very lucky to find one that hadn't been modded or fiddled with, and believe it to be a LOT more powerful than the 280 bhp quoted by the manufacturer.
We need to enjoy these wonderful cars while we can, because I'm sure that our children and grandchildren will never know what it's like to drive a 'proper' car. Who knows, in 20 or 30 years we may all go to work in helium balloons the way things are headed...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Very true. I would love a sport car in the garage, it's just the £££ running one

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rich Note said:
Very true. I would love a sport car in the garage, it's just the £££ running one
The MGB GT V8 is a good proposition. Classic looks, Rover lump, RWD and if you join the owner's club, dirt cheap spares and tons of helpful advice! I still look around for decent ones as they cost around the same as a 3 year old Mondeo. Output is around 160bhp but of course the sky's the limit with those motors, so it comes down to how far you want to go with brakes and suspension. And of course, Collector's Cover makes them pretty cheap to own as a weekend treat!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
love the rover 3000 in the background , i had one of those years ago , driving it was like being on a boat in rough seas lol , but great car

also had a granada 2.8 ghia , not estate though ,

my fav old car was a rover p6 i restored after finding it under a giant overgrown bush behind a pub lol , owner let me have it for nothing , he had forgotten it was even under there lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well, the NOTE is my 2nd Nissan, and so far its all good, comfy, economical, spacious, whats there not to like really, but I am pining for my 300bhp Z..

Ah well, I`ll be looking for a 370Z by the end of the year...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sorry... No to the MG
It would have to be a Lotus or my other weekend car...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts