Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Nissan Note Safety Pack Query

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Rob57 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
My mother just purchased a late 2013 Note Accenta Premium with safety pack. After she took delivery I noticed there are no beeps coming when in reverse. Took it a spin (Green sensor lights on on dash and with green sensor lights off on dash just to be sure) I doubt a blind drunk in a hurricane could have got that car to beep. No visible censors on the front or rear bumper, yet its got the fancy screen with front rear overhead views, and no matter how close I get to wall either going forward or in reverse it doesn't beep.
The dealer just picked it up and told my mother that he didn't think it came with the censors in the first place (I think theres more chance the bumpers have been swapped out!) and/or the beeps aren't working.

As the car was advertised as above with safety pack, and appears to have just about every optional extra going including digital heater controls, could some be so kind as to tell me exactly under what circumstances that system should work. Many thanks J

#2 ·
Our Note, with the same trim and safety pack configuration, has rear sensors but not at front. However, even with reverse, it cannot detect if the obstacle is on the edge (~10 cm far left or far right), so that we need to check both side mirrors anyway.
The blind spot warning and lane detection works fine if it is not raining.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. The dealer is now stating the car only ever had cameras. I cant see how that could be the case. It has a button and a dash light for blind spot and lane detection which switches on and off. It has the whole 360 degree overhead view on the nissan connect sat nav radio touch screen unit and everything I've read would indicate that it comes with audible and visual warnings for blind spot and and lane. I did see that parking sensors where optional extras so on that count he might be right, but that doesn't explain why I cant seem to trigger any response from the other sensors. If I can clarify that exact issue, I can then at least confidently tell him it's faulty. Otherwise he's going to try and stick to his story that it never had sensors of any description, which going by what you've told me isn't true.

#5 ·
Thanks. Every little helps. I might find a Nissan dealer, ask them and if necessary get them to tell me what the computer says!!! It's low mileage and pretty mint condition, but the dealer said electrics were 100%...and I'm going to hold them to it. I've asked on HonestJohn site too. They can often supply a definitive answer straight from Nissan or as good as.

#6 ·
Not all Notes are fitted with beepers. If fitted OEM only on back bumper with a range of max 80 cm detection!!. Never seen a note with front OEM talking E11, the later E12 might have more modern stuff including camera.. aftermarket you can fit a range of stuff. However old fashioned just looking what you are doing is a lot more safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.