Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes, the reverse alarm on my Note (auto 2007)does notwork.Uponchanging toreverse gearthe alarmdoes not have an initial a beep/on sound ( which it normally does when it works) ..Has anyone experienced this or found the cause & fix please?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Get someone to stand to one side behind the car and check if your reversing lamps come on. If not I would suspect the reversing lamp switch. Sadly, the service manual I have doesn't seem to cover parking sensors.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
I have no idea why the reverse warning beep doesn't work.........but if it was mine, I would be grateful. There are beeps for everything now.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Must admit that Ican't hear mine above the radio so I recycled the old fresnel reversing lens from my Alhambra. With the 'flat' back of the Note, it's ideal.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
I assume it's the 'beep' that indicates when you have engaged reverse gear. Not the actual alarm beeps, for an impending collision at the rear when reversing.

I'm still stumped.

Time for a big hammer to see daylight.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
had a think about this one, its either an intermitant fault with the sensor unit and or a sensoror a intermitiant fault with the reverse bulb changing resistance

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I kind of got used to the parking sensor alarm.. when the reverse gear is engaged it makes a beep, then when it gets near obstacles it beeps intermittently, and with impending collision ( approx 1ft continuous beep ). Now upon engaging the reverse gear the lamp comes on alright, but it doesnt beep anymore from then.. nothing in the manual . Im trying to find where the switch to the sensor system is, and trace from there .. no luck yet

·
Registered
16 Posts
As I understand, the sensor is connected to one of the reversing lamps.

Also look, where the loudspeeker, if separate, of the parking sensor is located.

I had to change the location of mine to hear it better. During this action I noticed, that there is a switch on the loudspeaker with 3 positions: "Off", "LOW", "High"

But maybe you have an other type, mine has been built in by the dealer.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Wolfgang

Whereabouts is the speaker please?

I would like to check if mine is on 'high' as it is rather quiet.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
put the ignition on and stick the car in reverse walk in front of the sensors, i know its in the back end but unsure where i have no info on it for the note

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
I've just been out to my Note, and the 'beep' is strongest at the boot light, on the right hand side of the boot space.

I won't be stripping out my boot interior for you though.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
lol i just had a look pulled the rubber off and un clipped the center trim (you need the boot floor out and it pulls straight up) to trace the cables
if you pull the light out on the drivers side you can see the reverse module you will need to remove the rear quarter trim to get at it tho

i think wolfgang had an after market one fitted by a dealer rather than a factory fit item

·
Registered
16 Posts
The position of the speaker part is now right below the rest for the boot cover.

In UK it sure would be above the boot light, here in Germany it is on the left side.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Flash22.. just double checking..is the reverse module under the gear lever cover ( to be removed ). same for automatic?. I need to work out how to remove the gear stick cover without breaking . probably need to locate which fuse also in case its blown. thanks

ps "need the boot floor out and it pulls straight up" // do you mean under the spare tyre? most probably Im a bit lost lol.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the reverse sensor module is in the back of the car !!! open the boot and its behind the left hand rear 1/4 trim
in the boot you need to remove the boot carpet that covers the spare wheel, then you cantake off the rubber boot seal andunclip and remove the boot trim you then need to remove the 1/4 trim panel (the big bit) to gain access to it

theres nothing you need to touch near the gearstick !! the module under the centre console (where the handbrake is) is the air bag module

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks , have printed your instructions out..I will have a goasap. on a dry day..(its been bucketing down all day).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts