Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

My brother has a Nissan Note 2009 1.5 Diesel

He told me yesterday that he heard a beeping noise constantly but no lights showing on the dashboard. Last night the car wouldn't start, the engine tries to turn over but just splutter and turn off.

We've tried jump leads this morning and no luck either. The diagnostic machine is showing the P0409 error code.

I know it's a sensor that's to the right of the engine, the car has done over 130,000k+ miles. Does it need cleaning or would it be best to just replace the whole sensor?

Can anyone let me know what part I would need? Images uploaded for reference.

Product Font Material property Gas Electronic device
Speedometer Car Odometer Tachometer Gauge
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Auto part
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

Thanks
Javed

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
As you say the error code points to the EGR selonoid.
You can try cleaning it and checking the terminals for corrosion etc, if that fails then replacement would seem to be in order, you can try the steps listed here --- P0409 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor "A" Circuit Code If you haven't already done so.
Be wary of the section where it warns about the wrong connector being probed or disconencted as it states you can fry the car's computer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As you say the error code points to the EGR selonoid.
You can try cleaning it and checking the terminals for corrosion etc, if that fails then replacement would seem to be in order, you can try the steps listed here --- P0409 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor "A" Circuit Code If you haven't already done so.
Be wary of the section where it warns about the wrong connector being probed or disconnected as it states you can fry the car's computer.
We won't be replacing the part ourselves as we don't want to fry anything else, this car is full of sensors and we've had issues in the past so don't want to cause any further issues. 😆

With the mileage on the car and not knowing how we'll it was maintained by the previous owner, my suspicions are they didn't maintain the car well I think it would be safe to just replace the part. Is THIS what I am looking for?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Never having replaced one myself, it looks like the part you need. If in doubt, check with the seller first and they will advise you if it's the correct one for your car by checking it against the registration number.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never having replaced one myself, it looks like the part you need. If in doubt, check with the seller first and they will advise you if it's the correct one for your car by checking it against the registration number.
I've sent the VIN Number and Reg Number to them. Waiting to hear back from them, I'm confident this is the part that needs to be replaced.

Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts