Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am newbie and trying to know which type of bulbs in dashboard as my fuel gauge dead can't see at night. Hopefully any one know how to replace the bulb.Many thanks

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
They are LEDs, soldered to the circuit board. You can't replace them unless you are handy with a soldering iron.

Just don't look at it at night is the best plan :)

Reactions: Jymmer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your comments i really don't want run out fuel as I drive to work early in the morning in winter .

·
Registered
772 Posts
Looks like you'll need a new dash light circuit board then..pricey I'd guess. You could try a breakers yard for a second hand one.
In the meantime you could keep a spare can of fuel in the boot as winter approaches.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Thanks for your comments i really don't want run out fuel as I drive to work early in the morning in winter .
Drive on the tripmeter, like I do, the gauge tells me if someone has stolen my fuel in the night, or if there is a leak in the tank, otherwise I just fill up every 200 miles, and zero the trip again.

I agree it is anoying that it doesn't light up, but the level doesn't change that rapidly (unless there is a leak or someone steals it in the night....) that I would spend money fixing it. ;)

The dash is coded to the car BTW, and it won't start with the "wrong" dash fitted- more expense to get someone into the security menus to sort it.

You could see if one of the instrument repairers, like Cluster repairs will fix yours, so you don't need it re-coding, but they aren't cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts