Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little titbit popped up in my feed this morning so i thought id share....

If it comes to the uk its proberbly the first hybrid i would give serious consideration to, my Mk2 has been a excellent car.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Looks ok but it's still a Nissan Note. Probably built down to a price like the other Note mk's 1 and 2. And being a hybrid you have two power trains that can go wrong,and knowing Nissan they probably will go awry sooner rather than later.
Nice looking car though.

·
Registered
995 Posts
This little titbit popped up in my feed this morning so i thought id share....

If it comes to the uk its proberbly the first hybrid i would give serious consideration to, my Mk2 has been a excellent car.
I agree with that, the mk2 E12 is a good build and whilst some E11 owners won't want to hear it, the facts are shown on this very forum.
Over the last two years I've read the various problems that the early Notes suffered from.
It's fair to say that most of the E11 problems were built into the design and the later model has proved a much better all round reliable car.
The only exception that I've seen is the anti roll bar bush problem.
They generally do need attention on the E12's.
I'm not dissing E11's for fun.. The facts and breakdown complaints are here on the forum for all to see. The E12 had a short production run, but it's actually a much improved model over the E11 and has few flaws.
Mine has been great for the two years that I've owned it..
If that is continued into the mk3 then yes, I'd be interested too.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Looks ok but it's still a Nissan Note. Probably built down to a price like the other Note mk's 1 and 2. And being a hybrid you have two power trains that can go wrong,and knowing Nissan they probably will go awry sooner rather than later.
Nice looking car though.
Sorry Sineu, much as i like you the E11 although roomy was a crap design with many regular problems as described in this forum over many years.
The E12 is a FAR better build and again that is proved by the very few complaints shown on this forum.
I know we'll now see Jack Snodbridge from Kent who'll say he's owned both models and he thinks the E11 is best lol.
Not to mention silver streaks from markoneland..
There's always one (or two) that are in denial. Just read the forums history for the proof..
The E12 is a good motor and most people on here that say otherwise have never owned one.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Is that the one with the e-power system, like a Gato-class submarine, the drive is pure electric, and the engine only generates electricity?

Reactions: Jymmer

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yup ! The E11 was / is a crap car no doubt about it.
The E12 was an improvement but if it was so good why did Nissan drop it from the line up ?
Now they throw in a mk3 version with two power sources !
Twice as much to go wrong in my opinion.
We have the Leaf at work in various models / sizes / power outputs. All of them have been in for repairs on the power train at some stage and three were even written off by Nissan and replaced with new cars because they were far too costly to repair.
Also i don't like the "option" with Nissan's lecky cars of either renting or owning the battery, if a buy a car i expect to own all of it without having to choose one way or the other.
Until the technology of the batteries / motors is measurably improved then i will stick to good old petrol.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yup ! The E11 was / is a crap car no doubt about it.
The E12 was an improvement but if it was so good why did Nissan drop it from the line up ?
Now they throw in a mk3 version with two power sources !
Twice as much to go wrong in my opinion.
We have the Leaf at work in various models / sizes / power outputs. All of them have been in for repairs on the power train at some stage and three were even written off by Nissan and replaced with new cars because they were far too costly to repair.
Also i don't like the "option" with Nissan's lecky cars of either renting or owning the battery, if a buy a car i expect to own all of it without having to choose one way or the other.
Until the technology of the batteries / motors is measurably improved then i will stick to good old petrol.
This is only a theory.. but I'd guess that while the E12's were on sale, the E11's were proving so problamatic that 'new' potential customers drifted away from buying the later mk2 Note and with dwindling sales Nissan dropped the model.
I wouldn't say the later Note is anything special, but it's certainly a lot more modern, refined and reliable don't you think?!
I realise this honesty offends proud E11 owners, especially the one's that have painstakingly got to know their cars and know how to maintain them.
But the forum history bears out the actual truth.. The model needed improvement and the E12 got it.
Don't forget that the Note mk2 E12 was the best selling compact car in Japan in 2018 and the second best (to a Toyota) in 2019.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The e11 isn't an unreliable car, the problems mostly stem from the poor build quality. There are very few engine problems compared to the e12 for example.

Certainly my experience with the e11 reinforces my refusal to consider any car whose VIN doesn't start with a J ;)

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've not seen any engine problems associated with the E12 petrols?
Only a few perhaps with the Dig-s supercharger.
And of course the old Renault 1.5 diesel is the same good engine.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I had no engine issues apart from the glow plug relay module, but it's hardly "engine".
All the issues i had related to the electrical side of things on my E11, clock spring, brake pedal switch, clutch pedal switch, doors locking on thier own when engine running and me not in the car ( yep it locked me out ) to name but a few.
Really glad i got shut of it.
Don't see many issues relating to the E12 to be honest, only BIG problem was the awful auto box that explodes.

·
Super Moderator
2,069 Posts
As far as I'm concerned the latest Nissan Micra was the replacement for the Note. The Micra, is now hardly as small as it used to portray, or was.
Looking at that new Note battery model....is that the Micra as it is now. It sure bears a resemblance to it in size. But as there are no dimensions for comparison to the Micra, I am more than likely talking a load of BS.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Just looked on ebay at 2018 model Micra's.
They are almost identical to the Note at the front half. The only thing a Note offers is more headroom and bigger tail gate for loading the dog crate etc.
Checking google the Micra has the same width and height..(at centre) The Note is just 4 inches longer.
It does make you wonder why Nissan don't just offer a Micra 'x' with a movable/sliding back seat like the mk2 Note Acenta/Ntecs have.
I like the Notes large tail gate and load space to put all my allotment gear in and out, but that's about the only real difference.

·
Super Moderator
2,069 Posts
I had a sit in a E12 and the new Micra,(when it was first released)......in the Nissan Dealership showroom. I was going to 'upgrade' to the E12........but kept my E11. Never regretted it for a moment.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I had a sit in a E12 and the new Micra,(when it was first released)......in the Nissan Dealership showroom. I was going to 'upgrade' to the E12........but kept my E11. Never regretted it for a moment.
When you've got a car your happy with that's all that matters.
I had plenty of contributors on the forum telling me that my E12 was crap when i first bought it two years ago.
Well that was rubbish because it's been great.
You can only speak as you find.
I could never get why some guys diss a car they've never owned, and has few bad reviews.
As Sineu pointed out, the only item that's been reported as ropey is the Automatic versions cvt gearbox.

·
Super Moderator
2,069 Posts
I agree Jymmer, my E11 has had it's share of the usual problems, but they don't outweigh my thoughts about it. 10.5 years on it still pulls like a train, no rust etc. But I will admit the aircon went up the swanny 4 years ago. I hardly used it so never bothered getting it fixed. 260,00km on, and I'm on my 2nd set of front suspension bushes etc.

I won't be looking forward to be owning a battery car. I wonder when that will be the only choice though.?

·
Registered
995 Posts
By the time I can afford a fully electric car I'll be issued with my free pensioners bus pass.
So I'll look forward to an electric bus.
Mind you, with the UK up to the eyeballs after covid who knows what free services will be available.

·
Super Moderator
2,069 Posts
Just hope the battery powered wheel chairs have a longer range than they do now, and do a 4 x 4 version in the future. No busses here to speak of.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Whilst working in my front garden a few weeks back i looked up at the sudden 'zip' of a young woman shooting along the street on her electric bike.
She gave me the dirty old man stare but she was very mistaken cos my only interest was the power of her bike.
Realistically I'll never afford an electric car, (unless it's a free motability one.)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had plenty of contributors on the forum telling me that my E12 was crap when i first bought it two years ago.
When we bought our E12 back in 2015 one forum contributor (name contained silver) called me an idiot for buying such a rubbish car. One of the moderators joined in and told me I would have nothing but trouble and be unable to sell it in years to come, even if we could we would loose a fortune.

After a few exchanges during which the 2 members mentioned above became increasingly insulting I gave up and went away only to return after we had sold the car and I had a set of winter wheels/tyres and a spare to dispose of and I was hoping to give a nice member a good deal. It worked even though it took about 2 years to sell the spare, it was in the corner of the shed forgotten.

As for being rubbish it was nothing of the sort. In the 3 years we had it the anti roll bar bushed were replaced as was a CV joint. Despite what the above members said the dealer did not argue or try to charge me a diagnostic fee, they just booked it in and did the work.

And as for being unable to sell it we had no issues. The garage we were buying from offered a decent price but Evans Halshaw buys your car offered about £400 more and paid the money into my account within the hour. Did we loose a fortune, actually no. Like all cars it depreciated but we bought it right (just over £4000 discount) and got about £4500 less that the purchase price 3 years later.

If you base deprecation on list price it retained about 47%, a pretty decent figure.

And the other unbelievable part, neither of the 2 who insulted me owned an E12. On any other forum with decent moderation they would have been banned. But how could they be, one was the moderator.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts