Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 56 Nissan Note. And I have noticed that the digital read out where the spanner is, does not drop mile for mile as the mileometer goes up??For example:
The spanner reading was 8433 and I travelled roughly 480 - 500 miles the mileometer went up to clock the 480 miles but the spanner service light reading only dropped to 8255??
This shows that the spanner service clock only dropped 178 miles on a countdown to a service. Can anyone tell me if there is a correlation, 1 mile on milesometer is 1 mile off of the spanner service reading? Or does it depend on driving style, journeys?? I visited a Nissan dealer and all were scratching their heads??
Can anyone answer this?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi M8,

i did a quick check on a 20 mile run today and mine went down mile for mile,
im not sure what that means for you or what you do next,

did you check to see if one of the readings is in kilometers and the other is in miles, i doubt it but thought i would throw it in the pot anyway.

hopefully someone else might have a suggestion but perhaps this is one for a nissan dealer

end of the day it isnt really important enough to spend money on, the spanner is only a convenient gimmick to remind you when to service your car, a carefully placed sticker on your sunvisor would do just as good a job of reminding you when it is due a service....

still i know what its like when something isnt just right, it bugs me and i have to fix it.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts