Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any else been getting messages offering compensation if you own or have owned a diesel Nissan?

As far as I'm aware the Nissan diesel engine was never part of the diesel emissions cheat scandal, so has anyone ever looked into it?
Or is this just another scam?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I know this thread is three weeks old, but i had a text message asking me the same question as Carole above.
There is a link in the text message to follow if i want, which is -- My Diesel Claim
Apparently there are many car makers that ran the "cheat".

·
Registered
172 Posts
Be very careful. Hopefully just opportunist solicitors trying to make a fast buck but might be worse. You probably have to sign to say that you will pay all costs if they loose or pay a large fee up front.

Perhaps report it to Trading Standards for them to investigate.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I checked the web site and IF you win, they take "At most 50% of the amount awarded" plus any "Reasonable costs to cover insurance etc" PLUS 20% VAT on the total amount.
Needless to say i am not going ahead with it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I checked the web site and IF you win, they take "At most 50% of the amount awarded" plus any "Reasonable costs to cover insurance etc" PLUS 20% VAT on the total amount.
Needless to say i am not going ahead with it.
So basically you are left with a couple of frothy coffees and they go to the Caribbean (when allowed).

Seems like a great deal.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
They work on a "No win, no fee" basis.

Elderly cynics like myself think- Ah, if they lose, the other side's costs aren't a fee- and you have to pay them.

However, they get you to sign up for some sort of magical insurance to cover this, which costs you nothing if it pays out, but you agree to pay a large premium out of your winnings if there are any.

They must think there is a reasonable chance of winning something.

I wonder what will happen if they manage to win, but get awarded comedy compensation- like 1p, after all, no-one in the UK has any quantifiable financial losses, if anything they are better off because the fiddled emissions got them into a cheaper tax band. :).

Reactions: Sineu
1 - 7 of 7 Posts