Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fault to sort. Has anyone had experience of c1158 steering angle sensor? I had it reset and fault came straight back. Does that mean the angle sensor will need replacing or are there other solutions for this model? I’m gearing up for taking the steering wheel off to investigate further but thought I’d ask first.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Have you had your brakes done?

Check (or get someone other than a dealer to check) for pinched wires on the supply to the sensors.

If you use the forum search, I am sure that this has come up before and a fault on the ABS and ESP sensors was triggering a false angle sensor fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Dave,
I got a 09 Tenka 1.6 have the same issue of C1158 after replacing the steering rack. I've done the alignment myself that the car is straight with almost zero toe. There's no problem on engine start, then ESP off and traction control light ON when Turing to left or right. The scan tool shows C1158(see attached pic). I m thinking shall i take the car to Hunter 4 alignment.

How did you get it fixed kindly let me know the solution, thanks!

Light Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device Telephony

·
Registered
2 Posts
The error code is just sorted. The SAS was out of range returned C1158. i turned the steering wheel 1 extra round to the right (360 degree) when replacing steering rack before. Detached the steering column and shaft then turned 360 to the left, ESP and traction light went away.

Happy weekend!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Glad you are sorted.

You were lucky not to break the clockspring, if you'd gone for the extra turn on one lock it would have broken.

Allowing someone to twirl the steering wheel when the rack is removed usually breaks it :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts