Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Note but have had a costly repair bill in the last 6 weeks. Firstly I was losing brake fluid andI had to get the master cylinder replaced at a cost of 400.00. Then 4 weeks later the clutch fails and had to be replaced at a cost of 600.00. Very surprising given that the car has only 19k on the clock. Has anybody else had such problems?
Karl

·
Registered
453 Posts
WOW that bad. Was that work done by Nissan?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Modern vehicles with a manual transmission use hydraulic fluid (usually brake fluid) to transfer the movement of the clutch pedal into an actuation of the clutch fork. When you depress the clutch pedal, a rod attached to the clutch pedal assembly pushes on hydraulic fluid in the clutch master cylinder.
Since this fluid is not compressible, it is forced to travel down the clutch lines to the slave cylinder, which is attached to the clutch fork. The clutch fork forces the clutch to separate from the pressure plate and flywheel, allowing the engine and wheels to spin independently.
ds emulator jiofilocalhtml.run

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Modern vehicles with a manual transmission use hydraulic fluid (usually brake fluid) to transfer the movement of the clutch pedal into an actuation of the clutch fork. When you depress the clutch pedal, a rod attached to the clutch pedal assembly pushes on hydraulic fluid in the clutch master cylinder.
Since this fluid is not compressible, it is forced to travel down the clutch lines to the slave cylinder, which is attached to the clutch fork. The clutch fork forces the clutch to separate from the pressure plate and flywheel, allowing the engine and wheels to spin independently.
Err ! am i missing something ?
Seems this post does not relate to the op,which didn't ask for a description of how a clutch works.
Some vehicles use a cable operated clutch, as in the van i drive at work which is on a 19 plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts