Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Nissan note central locking issues

31K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  Dano 
#1 ·
Why oh why has my central locking stopped working? Batteries are fine, but they won't work either remotely or manually. Please help

See less See more
#2 ·
what year ? what spec do you have ?do you havea I-key and a knob to start the car<div abp="1097">
<div abp="1098">how do you know the batteries in the remote(s) are good ? test under load ?
<div abp="1098">
<div abp="1098">what happens when you press the lock/unlock button (by the handbrake)in the car with the doors closed ?
<div abp="1099">
<div abp="1100">Disconnect the battery in the car for 15-20 mins and let the bcm reset, you will need the code for the stereo before you do this
<div abp="1100">
<div abp="1100">Any recent work done to the car ?

#3 ·
Hi. It's a 2011 dci 1.6 diesel. Replaced both batteries in key fobs a month or two ago so know they're fine. Both keys had blades replaced over a year ago, and both keys have been working fine.

The car will lock/unlock using the button by the hand brake and the keys will now manually lock the passenger door only.

This happened about 4 weeks ago but I managed to reprogramme the keys using online video advice, but it's not working now.

I did disconnect the main battery earlier, but only brief, I'll try again in the morning for 15-20 mins as you suggest. Is there a fuse anywhere for the remote locking as I can't locate in the unit under the steering wheel?

#6 ·
Its the remotes they just need reprograming like you did before - what make batteries did you use ?<div abp="1379">
<div abp="1380">I would in all honesty change the battery in the remote for a branded one (Panasonic, Duracell, Eveready ) some manuals state that you use a CR2025 (these can drop dead quickly) but CR2032 are a better replacement (slightly thicker cell)
<div abp="1380">
<div abp="1380">by using the lock button in the car this shows the locking is working - the locking works via the bcm - fuses are in the ipdm (grey box behind the passenger headlight) as the locking is working it will not be a fuse

#8 ·
Reprogramed them correctly ? a lot of instructions on the internet are for the older nissans
<div abp="872">
<div abp="873">edit.
<div abp="874">
<div abp="875">does the interior light come on when the drivers door only is opened ?
<div abp="876">
<div abp="877">when you use the lock button in the car can you hear the drivers door lock ?

#9 ·
How should I be reprogramming it? Ive tried so many things to get it to work that I don't even know what I'm trying to do!
The lights do come on when I open the drivers door via the switch by the hand brake and I can hear it locking and unlocking.
Keys start ignition so assume the batteries are inserted correctly.

#10 ·
Fuse are 5, 9 and 13 all 10 amp in the internal fuse box, by the drivers knee<div abp="1644">
<div abp="1645">it maybe a case of all for allocations for the keys (4) are all used - and that needs dealer level access to sort out as its part of the NATS iirc

#14 ·
Nope, random things like drivers window no longer closes with one click of the button, data on dashboard showing mileage left, mpg etc has vanished, interior light no longer comes on when I remove the keys from the ignition. I really have no idea what on earth is going on now.

#15 ·
Hi Tinker76, I really think you should be going down to the Nissan dealership and get them to sort it out as recommended by Flash22
"it maybe a case of all for allocations for the keys (4) are all used - and that needs dealer level access to sort out as its part of the NATS iirc"

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.