Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of water has accumulated in the rear footwell of my car behind the driver's seat. I had someone suck out a lot of the water with a dry/wet vacc and I used a fan heater on the floor of car to dry as much out as possible. However the car is now soaking wet again and water sploshes under the carpet when I press on it! Rear light fitting has been checked and also inside the boot, door seals.....but none of these show a problem. Can anyone suggest what can be causing this water to flood into the car. I don't have a garage or carport, so car is exposed to the weather while standing on my drive. I'm getting desperate, as I am recently widowed and am worried about any damage being caused by all this water in my car.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
With the E11 you have the rear light extension on the roof they are held on by clips. in the past, a member did say that he was getting water in through the clip holes, though they should have been sealed. Have you felt under the front carpets in front of the front seats?
If the front carpets are wet you could have a bad fitted front screen, and that's a remove and refitting and sealing job by the professionals. Then it could be the drain pipe from the aircon leaking inside the car, another under the carpet job..

To really dry the carpets and underlay, it's best if you took all the carpets out, but it's a big job, seats and centre consul has to be removed for easy access.
How long you had the car, for you to find out it sploshes? Has the car been in a rear end shunt, and the back hatch is out of line.
Another thing that was posted a week or so ago, the rear window jet, is that working OK? The pipe could have come off the jet, have you looked in the boot and lifted the flooring covering the spare wheel, is that full of water? pretty basic, are both rear windows fully up? Do you suffer with bad condensation in the car?
Please come back if you find the problem and let us know the answer. Best of luck with the leak.

·
Registered
651 Posts
If it's the rear carpet only then it will more than likely be the drain tube for the air con getting blocked by crud and debris.
The water runs from the overflow under the front carpet because this is lying on top of a layer of polystyrene type foam and it collects in the rear footwell.
Have a read of this link - https://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/9-newbies/5311-air-conditioning.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts