Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Note 2013
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

Recently new to the nissan note, got it about 6 weeks ago, loving it so far.

I am sure I am not using half the functions it has as I didnt have them in my old car.

One function I want to use is the Auto Off function (when the car engines stops when stationary and starts up again when you press the clutch)

This function seems to work very rarely for me so what am I doing wrong for it to work once in a blue moon??

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hello All!

Recently new to the nissan note, got it about 6 weeks ago, loving it so far.

I am sure I am not using half the functions it has as I didnt have them in my old car.

One function I want to use is the Auto Off function (when the car engines stops when stationary and starts up again when you press the clutch)

This function seems to work very rarely for me so what am I doing wrong for it to work once in a blue moon??
Hi, this is normal.
Since lockdown and with less frequent use, the cars battery is rarely fully charged.
The auto stop/start only operates when the battery is tip top.
That makes sense because if it worked with a low charge battery it would soon go flat..
Likewise the car is designed so that stop/start won't operate when the car is warming up, for the same reason.
(My Note only auto stops/starts during the summer when it's charged up to the high teeth)
Hope this reassures you that your car is fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, quite correct Jymmer, you need the battery to be fully charged before the stop/start will work. I guess that means travelling about 50 miles constantly. I recently hired a 2019 ford focus to go down south, it had stop/start but once in queue on the motorway it soon wouldn't work and never did at night with the lights on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts