Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

We have a Nissan Note Acenta late 2012 that we have owned for most of its life.

We have had All the car's MOTs with Nissan themselves from 2015 to 2019 inclusive.

In 2015,2017 and 2019 MOTs, both Left and Right suspension arms have failed to pass the MOT due to bush peeling and/or ball joint wear, and both full wishbone arms have been replaced.

Nothing else has ever been wrong with the car apart from tyre tread wear. We have 44k on the clock and drive carefully.

Obviously MOTs have to pick up on these issues and work needs to be done to fix them. Nissan have no advisory notes on this part and their system say to replace as per normal.

I was wondering what other peoples experience are with this part. Should both need replacing every 2 years? Is there a possibility that something is wrong that is causing this part to fail more often?

Many thanks for any advice

·
Super Moderator
1,804 Posts
Essentially the the bushes are made from chewing gum. I had pattern oarts fitted, rather then Nissan parts. The rubber is better, but the road noise has slightly increased, for obvious reasons.

There are silicone parts/bushes available. Search Google.

I am now at 245,000km. I've had one change of bushes etc. Which may suggest there is something else wrong, with yours at such a low mileage. Has it been checked for accident damage.

Tyre wear is usually on the nearside rear. Hub alignment maybe out by a degree or so. This can be shimmed to correct......but not really recommended.

Were all your bush repairs etc, done by a Nissan dealer, using Nissan parts. Or an Independent garage, using Nissan or Pattern parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
Not sure it's been checked for accident damage...not sure how to do that or request it.
All work/services so far has only ever been done at our local Nissan Dealership, I assume all with Nissan Parts.....

·
Super Moderator
1,804 Posts
Most of us Note E11 owners love the car, but hate the niggling, and sometimes expensive repairs. It's a great car spoiled by the bean counters, for the sake of a couple of hundred pounds on the price.

I would suggest you use a good, and recommended, independent garage or mechanic for further repairs. Some will even fit parts you purchase, just ask them.

As another member keeps mentioning, there is a Haynes Repair Manual available via e bay for the E11 Note.

There are numerous threads in this forum regarding bushes etc. Use the search button, top right of this page.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts