Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the USB socket on the sound system doesn’t deliver enough power to charge a phone (possibly mainly for input only), and the car has no cigarette lighter (blanked off), how can one charge a phone successfully?
I thought there would be a 12V Power outlet, like the cig lighter, in which one could put an adaptor but do these exist on this year of vehicle and if so can someone tell me where?
Asking for a friend who insists that there are none, and lockdown forbids me to drive over to have a look.
thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Since the USB socket on the sound system doesn’t deliver enough power to charge a phone (possibly mainly for input only), and the car has no cigarette lighter (blanked off), how can one charge a phone successfully?
I thought there would be a 12V Power outlet, like the cig lighter, in which one could put an adaptor but do these exist on this year of vehicle and if so can someone tell me where?
Asking for a friend who insists that there are none, and lockdown forbids me to drive over to have a look.
thanks
On my 2011 Note the cigarette lighter (12 volt supply) is directly below the hazard warning switch, and there is also a 12V supply inside the hatch on the L.H.side. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my 2011 Note the cigarette lighter (12 volt supply) is directly below the hazard warning switch, and there is also a 12V supply inside the hatch on the L.H.side. Hope this helps.
So do you actually have a cigarette lighter? My friend says his is blanked off. Also when you say the ‘hatch‘ on the LH side, do you mean the glove compartment? Or is there a secret hatch?
thanks again

·
Registered
19 Posts
So do you actually have a cigarette lighter? My friend says his is blanked off. Also when you say the ‘hatch‘ on the LH side, do you mean the glove compartment? Or is there a secret hatch?
thanks again
My 2012 E11 has three cigarette lighter sockets. One on top of the front seat cupholders in the middle dash panel, one on the center console for the rear passengers (below the rear seat cupholder between the front seats), and one in the boot on the left side (this is what I think SJCA means by the hatch.)

Is your friend's front cig lighter blanked off completely, or is there a removable plug there or something? You should be able to pop off the A/C panel and reach the cig lighter socket from the back if you want to retrofit one (the cables are most likely there anyway.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2012 E11 has three cigarette lighter sockets. One on top of the front seat cupholders in the middle dash panel, one on the center console for the rear passengers (below the rear seat cupholder between the front seats), and one in the boot on the left side (this is what I think SJCA means by the hatch.)

Is your friend's front cig lighter blanked off completely, or is there a removable plug there or something? You should be able to pop off the A/C panel and reach the cig lighter socket from the back if you want to retrofit one (the cables are most likely there anyway.)
Thanks for the info. He says his cig lighter is completely blanked off. I'll get him to look in all those places that you both suggest. I find it hard to believe that there would be nothing available to charge his phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts