Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Nissan Note 1.5 DCI Diesel. It's flagged up a P0670 error on the OBII reader.

I've put new plugs in and the resistor. Fuses have been checked and are fine. The car heater does not work. When you turn the heater on you can hear a click like it's trying to work bit is failing.

I'm not sure what else to check. Does anyone have any recommendations on what else can I check?

Thanks
webjaved

·
Registered
781 Posts
That error code is related to the following --
Error Code P0670 is defined as Glow Plug Module Control Circuit. This code means there’s a problem with the Glow Plug Control Module, which often results from poor electrical connections or defective components.

This code is a generic trouble code, meaning it applies to all vehicles equipped with OBD-II system, especially vehicles made since 1996 up to present. Specifications on the definition, troubleshooting and repairs vary from one vehicle make and/or model to another. It encompasses all brands of late model diesel engines, including diesel vehicles from Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, GMC and VW vehicles.

Don't see how it could affect the heater blower motor.
What do you mean by " I've put in new plugs " ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That error code is related to the following --
Error Code P0670 is defined as Glow Plug Module Control Circuit. This code means there’s a problem with the Glow Plug Control Module, which often results from poor electrical connections or defective components.

This code is a generic trouble code, meaning it applies to all vehicles equipped with OBD-II system, especially vehicles made since 1996 up to present. Specifications on the definition, troubleshooting and repairs vary from one vehicle make and/or model to another. It encompasses all brands of late model diesel engines, including diesel vehicles from Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, GMC and VW vehicles.

Don't see how it could affect the heater blower motor.
What do you mean by " I've put in new plugs " ?
New Glow plugs have been fitted replacing the old ones. The error code still appears.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The control module is this item --
View attachment 1153

It's bolted at the front end of the car, really easy to spot.
For sale on the bay here -- Genuine Renault & Nissan Pre Heater Diesel Glow Plug Relay | eBay
I had the same issue with the Note when i owned it, trouble was after i replaced the module the same error came back again about ten months later.
This is the one that I bought and fitted, this goes behind the glove box area, right? It's a car that my dad has bought so he's the one getting the work done on it. HEATER BLOWER RESISTOR FIT FOR A NISSAN NOTE 1.4 1.5 1.6 2006>2012 UK STOCK | eBay

Even these have been replaced on the car. Fits Nissan Micra Note Qashqai 1.5 DCi Genuine Bosch Diesel Glow Plugs | eBay

I think the blower fan is faulty then as it doesn't spin or give out any heat.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The item you mention is a totally different thing.
The resistor card controls the blower motor and is to one side of the glovebox.
The glow plug relay powers the glow plugs in the engine and is located at the front of the engine bay under the bonnet.
The error code given by the reader pointed to the glow plug relay as pictured in my last post.
I think you may be confusing the two items, the relay in the engine bay is about as big as a credit card and silver as in the pic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts