Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’ve just bought my first Nissan, it’s a note acenta premium 1.2 64 plate. I’ve just noticed that the tiny indicator light on the wing mirror that you can see is stuck with cello tape. I’ve looked at it and the piece is loose. Does anyone know if I can get it fixed and replaced? Does anyone know how I can find the part for it. Thank you.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hi Jemma, Sadly you would probably need the main dealer for that part.
If you have a good independent garage close by, run it down to them first because they might be able to repair it for you.
Mine got knocked and i sealed around it with silicone in the same colour as the mirror surround.. It's a black car and black is available. You might struggle to get silicone in other colours other than black and white. So clear silicone would be an option.
It's been a good repair and a lot cheaper than replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, it’s a black car. I bought it from a Nissan dealer so I’ll nip it down see what they say and if not or to expensive, then I’ll just do what you’ve done. Thanks

·
Registered
699 Posts
In that case, you would have EVERY reason to expect them to put that mirror back into NEW condition!
Don't let them fob you off.
A cellotape repair is NOT acceptable on a car bought from a main dealer. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts