Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I most hold the world record from front disc replacement. 2 year old Leaf e-Teckna Plus. 2nd service on 6 Dec at 3,700 miles and advised front discs required replacement. £200 service bill became £500.

I had been using the e-pedal regenerative braking system but would apply the brakes regularly to prevent seizing.

Car kept in dry, well ventilated garage..

After the service, I no longer used the e-pedal. Just as well as at 4057 miles when in Ullapool the e-pedal failed and also warning that there was a chassis control system fault..

Wanted to know if safe to drive but couldn't get through to Nissan Dealers on Thur 30th as closed for New Year Holiday. Tried the Nissan Roadside assist but hopeless.

Just as well have a diesel motor to fall back on.
Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Gadget

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi There,

I most hold the world record from front disc replacement. 2 year old Leaf e-Teckna Plus. 2nd service on 6 Dec at 3,700 miles and advised front discs required replacement. £200 service bill became £500.

I had been using the e-pedal regenerative braking system but would apply the brakes regularly to prevent seizing.

After the service, I no longer used the e-pedal. Just as well as at 4057 miles when in Ullapool the e-pedal failed and also warning that there was a chassis control system fault..

Wanted to know if safe to drive but couldn't get through to Nissan Dealers on Thur 30th as closed for New Year Holiday. Tried the Nissan Roadside assist but hopeless.

Just as well have a diesel motor to fall back on. View attachment 1535
Hi There,

thats not good 300 quid for pads?
Hi There,

No, not pads. Discs require replacement.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I doubt there will be anyone on this forum who knows about the Nissan Leaf as this in a Note forum.

·
Registered
Note 2009 dci86 owner on a budget
95 Posts
I doubt there will be anyone on this forum who knows about the Nissan Leaf as this in a Note forum.
No reputable garage would ever fit new discs and not replace the pads. The old pads will be bedded into the warn discs and will guarantee you have poor braking.

Would you want to die?
definately wouldnt want to be paying £ 300 quid for discs, mental note , never buy a Leaf hellfire

·
Registered
244 Posts
£300 is WAY WAY too much !
I would suggest that £300 is within the normal range but the price you pay will be dependent on the type of garage you use (main dealer will be more expensive), the brand of parts they use (OEM will be more expensive) and where you are in the country (major cities will be more expensive).

Just checked on the web, genuine Nissan discs are about £100 each, brake pads £100 a front set, total £300. Then there is the cost to fit on top of that.

But I have found known brand (Delphi) aftermarket front discs at about £33 each and known brand after market pads (Valeo) at £20 for the front set, total £86. Add in fitting and you should be below £300.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
But I have found known brand (Delphi) aftermarket front discs at about £33 each and known brand after market pads (Valeo) at £20 for the front set, total £86. Add in fitting and you should be below £300.
Thats more like it !
If you do the fitting yourself, an easy job to do, you will save even more.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Rather belatedly just read the OP's first post

2nd service on 6 Dec at 3,700 miles and advised front discs required replacement.
There must think you are an idiot. There is no way discs will be worn after that mileage especially on an electric car with regenerative braking.

Take it to another garage a proper one (definitely not Hafords or KwikFit - other Highway Robbers are available) and get them to do brake check.

In over 47 years of driving cars with disc brakes I have only ever had to replace them on one car and that was after 70,000 miles. It was a Golf GTi which was driven hard and used for towing.

·
Registered
Note dCi Tekna 2017
14 Posts
Rather belatedly just read the OP's first post

There must think you are an idiot. There is no way discs will be worn after that mileage especially on an electric car with regenerative braking.

Take it to another garage a proper one (definitely not Hafords or KwikFit - other Highway Robbers are available) and get them to do brake check.

In over 47 years of driving cars with disc brakes I have only ever had to replace them on one car and that was after 70,000 miles. It was a Golf GTi which was driven hard and used for towing.
I agree that the disks shouldn’t be worn after so few miles, but the earlier Notes are well known for disk wear, my 17 plate is on it’s 3rd set of front disks and has just passed 75k miles, however I don’t know how the previous owner drove it (I only bought it last month).

·
Registered
244 Posts
I agree that the disks shouldn’t be worn after so few miles, but the earlier Notes are well known for disk wear, my 17 plate is on it’s 3rd set of front disks and has just passed 75k miles, however I don’t know how the previous owner drove it (I only bought it last month).
Your car used 2 sets in 75,000 miles which you consider high. The OP's car would use 20 sets in 75,000 miles if it were a fact that it has used its first set in 3,700 miles.

But its a fact that the OP's dealer is trying to rips him off.

But look on the bright side, the value of the petrol he is saving will just about cover the brake disc replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts