Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good bank holiday to you all,

My wife 2014 Note Tekna has had a strange issue with the so-called 'intelligent' key(sadly the only key we have!).

The car's been working perfectly - I replaced the key battery in October with a Duracell battery fit for the job after the key flashed intermittently beforehand and this great forum quickly told me why. I also replaced the car battery as we had some issues with the reliability of the stop/start functionality.

Anyway - all has been fine ever since until today...

...my wife returned home yesterday and forgot to lock it so it was in the drive all night unlocked with the keys in her coat pocket! When she came to use it today the fob locks and unlocks the car but the amber key light stays on the dash and the car won't start. This afternoon I have read lots and lots of articles on here and across the internet but none of those have yet resolved the issue. I've replaced the battery in the fob, tried to put the remote close to the ignition button, tried unlocking with the key and so on but as yet nothing has worked.

Has anyone had any issues like this and, if so, how you resolved them please? I'm thinking that I might need to get the key reprogrammed(and purchase a spare whilst I'm at it!) but just wanted to check if I've missed anything.

As always, thanks for all of your help - it is appreciated.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
61 Posts
I would check the car battery voltage with a multimeter to see if it has been depleted.
The car battery might have enough energy to power electronics, but too weak to crank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would check the car battery voltage with a multimeter to see if it has been depleted.
The car battery might have enough energy to power electronics, but too weak to crank.
Thanks kptg but I've checked this as part of my initial checks and, as you would expect from a 6 month old AGM battery, it was all good. Obviously can't crank the engine as the key is not being read!

Thanks though but if anyone else has any ideas I'm all ears! (y)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Strange, the green light usually means the key is being read. A long shot, move the steering wheel around a bit ( it will be stiff because the power steering is not in action). Failing that, does the car lock with the key, does the light turn red as the ignition is turned off.? If none of this works then you might try disconnecting the battery for 15 mins ( remember you need the radio code)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strange, the green light usually means the key is being read. A long shot, move the steering wheel around a bit ( it will be stiff because the power steering is not in action). Failing that, does the car lock with the key, does the light turn red as the ignition is turned off.? If none of this works then you might try disconnecting the battery for 15 mins ( remember you need the radio code)
Sorry SJCA, I actually mean the amber key light. Apologies for mis-typing this in the original post(which I've just amended). I've tried the steering but no luck I'm afraid and, no, the key light doesn't change from amber!

I just find it very strange that it was working fine but, by just leaving unlocked one night, it just seems it's forgot the key code but that doesn't explain why I can lock it and unlock it without any problems.

Thanks for the suggestions and happy to hear any others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts