Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everone

Recently, I bought a used E12 Note with the Digi-s ( supercharged 1.2) engine.

I have noticed when driving with the super charger OFF at approximately 3000 rpm ( foot steady on the pedal) the car seems to "hold back" and then accelerates continuously ( the speed cycles 3100 - 2800 rpm).

When the supercharger is ON and accelerating on higher speeds (>100KM) the car feels restrictive as mentioned earlier ("hold back" and then accelerates continuously).

I Installed New Air filter, cleaned the MAF sensor and did a diagnostic scan and NO error codes were found.

Can anyone advise as to what may be causing this?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello everone

I have noticed when driving with the super charger OFF at approximately 3000 rpm ( foot steady on the pedal) the car seems to "hold back" and then accelerates continuously ( the speed cycles 3100 - 2800 rpm).

When the supercharger is ON and accelerating on higher speeds (>100KM) the car feels restrictive as mentioned earlier ("hold back" and then accelerates continuously).

I Installed New Air filter, cleaned the MAF sensor and did a diagnostic scan and NO error codes were found.

As you will probably guess our Note had the DIG-S engine and it did not have any of the issues you are finding. As far as I am aware the supercharger is ON all the time, its belt driven after all and does not depend on exhaust gas speed like a turbo.

Suggest you get it to a Nissan dealer and get the codes read ASAP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everone

I assume you either no longer have this issue or moved on with life, but the issue you think you may have seems to be a natural phenomenon with drive by wire cars.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
37 Posts
I am curious about how you disable the supercharger. Is it done by enabling ECO mode?

@DIG-S Nissan did mention supercharger is auto enabled/disabled by ECU, and more aggressively in ECO mode.
HR12DDR Engine

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am curious about how you disable the supercharger. Is it done by enabling ECO mode?

@DIG-S Nissan did mention supercharger is auto enabled/disabled by ECU, and more aggressively in ECO mode.
HR12DDR Engine
The supercharger is always on but disengaged by a magnetic clutch. Also the bypass valve routes the air differently while in ECO mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As you will probably guess our Note had the DIG-S engine and it did not have any of the issues you are finding. As far as I am aware the supercharger is ON all the time, its belt driven after all and does not depend on exhaust gas speed like a turbo.

Suggest you get it to a Nissan dealer and get the codes read ASAP.

Sorry for the late reply.
I got the issue resolved.
Seems that it was carbon deposits on either the injectors or the intake manifold.
Solution: SEAFOAM ( tried lucas and BG44K but SEAFOAM worked the best)
poured 1 bottle + into the tank after I sprayed some into the intake manifold and PROBLEM SOLVED.
To verify, after a month, I took off the intake manifold and did an inspection, it was clean.
The car runs SWEEEET.

Thanks for the advice Guys.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
37 Posts
DIG in DIG-S is shorted for direct injection gasoline system - which is infamous for causing carbon build-up on intake valves.
I wonder if any one have looked through the intake holes to see if there is excessive carbon build-up on intake valves?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everone

Hello, once the car in in eco mode you will get that restrictive feeling. Simply press the eco button and you can feel the difference in power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts