Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everone

Recently, I bought a used E12 Note with the Digi-s ( supercharged 1.2) engine.

I have noticed when driving with the super charger OFF at approximately 3000 rpm ( foot steady on the pedal) the car seems to "hold back" and then accelerates continuously ( the speed cycles 3100 - 2800 rpm).

When the supercharger is ON and accelerating on higher speeds (>100KM) the car feels restrictive as mentioned earlier ("hold back" and then accelerates continuously).

I Installed New Air filter, cleaned the MAF sensor and did a diagnostic scan and NO error codes were found.

Can anyone advise as to what may be causing this?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello everone

Recently, I bought a used E12 Note with the Digi-s ( supercharged 1.2) engine.

I have noticed when driving with the super charger OFF at approximately 3000 rpm ( foot steady on the pedal) the car seems to "hold back" and then accelerates continuously ( the speed cycles 3100 - 2800 rpm).

When the supercharger is ON and accelerating on higher speeds (>100KM) the car feels restrictive as mentioned earlier ("hold back" and then accelerates continuously).

I Installed New Air filter, cleaned the MAF sensor and did a diagnostic scan and NO error codes were found.

Can anyone advise as to what may be causing this?
As you will probably guess our Note had the DIG-S engine and it did not have any of the issues you are finding. As far as I am aware the supercharger is ON all the time, its belt driven after all and does not depend on exhaust gas speed like a turbo.

Suggest you get it to a Nissan dealer and get the codes read ASAP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts