Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please help me with the Nissan Connect Traffic warnings. At the moment I am being warned of " Slow traffic on the M25, 15 miles an hour" etc. These messages from the nice lady are interrupting my music listening so I would like to turn them off. I have tried every menu and sub menu and cannot seem to silence her. Obviously I'm missing something (it starts to happen when you're 50 I'm told!) so could someone please help. Thanking cousin advance....

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Press the "TA" button to clear (at least that's what worked for me).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure it is set to off. I thought the TA button allowed traffic reports from local radio stations. Mine is a computerised robotic voice. I'll double check tonight. Thanks for the promotion reply.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
go into the traffic button on the to right of the connect theres a button on the touch screen iirc
TA is for radio anouncements

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
just to confim
top right button - then press the TA button, the ta button on the screen is for the tmc system(tmc is a digital trafficsystem what works over the rds (radio) if you look at the top middle you will see TA if its on

the tmc is different to the TA over the radio (usually a local radio station)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Typical. No traffic jams this morning. Thanks for the posts and I'll let you know if I've silenced the warnings.....when I get a traffic jam!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bad news....tried TA off on the radio and on the top right Nav button and still getting the robotic traffic warnings. TA is definitely off. ?.........

Is there a reset button and if so, do I need to remove the sd card first before resetting.

Thanks in advance.....

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
yes there is a reset button andno you dont need to remove the sd card but you will need to set everything up again

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got the same problem except mine tells me about narrow lanes on the A394.

The hand book if I've read it correctly says turning the TA off stops the warnings but it doesn't.

I've tried the factory reset to no avail.

Any suggestions would be welcome

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
what maps card are you using date is on the card

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TATdefinitely off and coming home tonight had another slow moving traffic warning.

I have already done a factory reset and it has not made a difference.

large TA selection button shown in white on screen but during announcement turned orange and then went back to white (unselected).

Small white TA icon to left of network signal strength indicator is not present ie. lit.

POI notifications no selected.

Prompts not selected.

SD card has Nissan markings and decals but no date on it.

System info shows 2009/10.

Sat Nav is not on ie. Not accepted when initially turned on.

Music being played via USB stick.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate being able to get to the bottom of this problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
A thought, possibly wrong, but easy to try.

Press SETUP then Traffic messages and turn Dynamic Guidance off.

Also delete all destinations from your Navigation.

It may do nothing but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it's already turned off but I'll check tomorrow and get back to you. I'm near the M4 at Slough tomorrow at about 9am, so my robotic lady friend should be going into meltdown. Or not if Dynamic guidance solves it! Thanks for your help...h

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Be nice to know how this feature works, as I would quite like the novelty of having the traffic info spoken to me, as long as I can switch it off when I'm fed up.

My connect only speaks the directions when it is navigating. I can read the traffic information by pressing the traffic jam button, but the unit doesn't speak it.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Mine doesn't do this either.

Damned annoying though if you can't turn this 'undocumented feature' off.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
mnl said:
Be nice to know how this feature works, as I would quite like the novelty of having the traffic info spoken to me, as long as I can switch it off when I'm fed up.

My connect only speaks the directions when it is navigating. I can read the traffic information by pressing the traffic jam button, but the unit doesn't speak it.
normal TA pickes up an rds signal when a radio station is going to transmit a traffic report and tunes the radio to that station

The TMC TA works over rds but is a digital data system the connect recieves the data and the gps calculates where you are and nagging nora tells you if there are any problems on your route and direction

if all else fails take the battery off for 10-15 mins and the unit will reset (dont forget you will need your code for the radio)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
flash22 said:
The TMC TA works over rds but is a digital data system the connect recieves the data and the gps calculates where you are and nagging nora tells you if there are any problems on your route and direction

So if I have an active route that passes over a spot flagged by (the traffic jam button) digital TA, it should speak it out loud and tell me that it is recalculating/ask if it should avoid the problem.

If there is a problem on the road I'm on eg 15 miles further along the A5, will it still read it out because it doesn't know I'm about to turn off, and this is the OPs problem, the distance away trigger?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts