Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting around to retro-fitting a microphone into my 56 plate note SVE which has had a Connect fitted some months ago. I have the adapter cable which fits into the back of the connect. However my car has no microphone as standard as the stock head unit (in dash 6cd changer) never had bluetooth. I have a nissan microphone sourced off ebay but it is obviously from a different car as it has a smaller plug and only 2 pins and therefore the microphone only has two wires. So which wires on the Connect adapter are for the microphone. The patch lead which fits into the connect has only 5 wires:-

White
Red
Yellow; and

3 X black

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The patch lead is part number 24036-BG00A and the microphone lead I am hoping to cut and solder into it is part number 28336-AV780

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Ask flash22 for the manual, there is also an AV manual for the connect.
I have one, and I'm genning up on Connect, as I'm getting one shortly for my 08 tekna.

The connect microphone has 3 wires because it is a powered microphone, pre-amplifier is built in I expect

Red = +5V power from connect to mic (Connect pin 35)
Green = mic signal (Connect pin 34)

The third wire is ground (This goes to connect pin 36), likely black..... or it may ground through the casing of the microphone....

The connect pins go
retainer
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

looking into the cable = the plug on the adaptor lead.
You should find that these pins are connected to the smaller socket on the flying lead. Don't know why you need 3 ground wires, can you tell which pin numbers they go to on the connect plug?

Edited by: mnl

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay using your model the wires out of the plug on the short adapter are:-

21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32<br style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">33<u style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">34 35 36[/u]37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

21 black
22 black
25 yellow
34 red
35 black
36 white

The microphone lead I have has only two terminals/wires does this mean that I cannot splice into the Connect adapter.

What you describe as red on 35, I see on the adapter as a red wire on 34 which may suggest that the two relevant wires for my needs are 35 (black) and 36 (white) on the adapter??

...I saw a film once where if Richard Harris cut the wrong wire the ship blew up, "...cut the red wire lads,...R ...E...D, Red!"

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
According to the wiring diagram for the connect

Pins 21.22.23 don't do anything. (They likely connect to ground inside the connect)
Pin 25 is for the reverse light signal that switches on the reverse camera view, you can connect this to +12V and feed a video signal into the connect through pin 41 if you wanted to.

Definitely from the connect wiring diagram

34 is the microphone signal = red on your adaptor
36 is ground/earth = white on the connector

35 provides +5V from the connect to power the microphones internal amplifier = your black wire.

doesn't make sense to me, the black wire seems in the wrong place, but the colours of the wires don't actually matter, it is which pin they join to that counts.

Anyway, if it is only a 2 wire microphone, I doubt it will work, try connecting it to the red and white wires of your connector, it shouldn't hurt anything.

If your microphone earths through a mounting screw, this would make it a 3 wire type, and it should work, we will have to guess at the wiring though

I have the bluetooth CD player, and it has the microphone plug that your adaptor fits. There are 2 coloured wires, a red and a blue, likely red = +5V and blue = signal, and 3 blacks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've pulled back the insulation around the connector on the long microphone lead. There are two pins as previously stated. One of those is just braided wire going to that pin and the other is an insulated white wire - both very thin. I'm guessing these could be earth and signal?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Yes, earth braid to connect pin 36 = white
signal to connect pin 34 = red.

It might work.....

Good luck, maybe you might want to wait for a second opinion first I don't mind, and I don't actually have a connect

I'm off to the pub now

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
be carefull with the mirophone adapter from the micra as its not colour for colour the mic out of the qashqai, later note or micra is the one you want,if the mic is not wired correctly the connect will not detect it (hidden service menu -system)
also with the reverse wire in must have the correctwiring path otherwise it puts the sat nav in to reverse mode this will sent the sat nav mad and send you miles away from where you want to be

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
21Eq1
22 Eq2
23 Eq3
24 Eq4
25 Reverse Signal (pre wired on my 59 plate auto) 0v norm - 12v in reverse

34 Mic signal
35 Mic Ve+
36 Mic shield/ground

41 Camera Signal
42 Camera Shield/ground
43 Camera 6v+ ve
44 camera 0 - ve

Eq1 - 4 puts the connect it the mode for the car its fitted too this sets the audio setup, speed pulse and steering wheel controls

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Ah!!

So the reason my 08 has an extra (ground ?) lead on the mic plug, is likely to program it to know a mic is fitted? 4 leads, yellow brown green black.

Then when you fit a connect and use the mic adaptor lead, there are an extra 2 wires that must join to this to ground connect pins 21 (eq1) and 25 (reverse). (Top row in your picture)

I guess the same for the aux input, the extra 2 grounds program it? I don't suppose fiddling with them will make it think it has a usb adaptor and invoke an mp3 mode? (wishful thinking
)

Here is the back of my 6CD with bluetooth - I'm not unplugging anything until I get a connect, I have a handwritten code that might/might not be correct

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
those pinout are in the fsm !!
if you look at the wiring diagram there other plugs what are in the box and is you look at the wiring section on the last few pages theres all the plug types and pin outs

it does take a bit to get your head around the diagrams

For a power plug for the connect get a sot-918 and cut it about

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
eq lines just go to ground on the note its just pin 21
Theconnect sences if a device is present by the ground , it gets complex so i wont go into detail

the earlier systems are less complex and just use the eq lines for config

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you need a powered mic as the connect auto sences the mic as i said before the one from the micra,juke or qashqai will do the job
i have a spare from a job lot of parts i got

1 - 15 of 15 Posts