Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just gathering intrest at the moment, after months of trying to source these plugs i have found a supplier
1 Plug with 12 pins £7 posted to your door (more than enough pins for the job)

If you want to add a camera, ect.i have spare pins/terminals what should be about 30p each plus p&p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Flash,

is this the cable to enable the mic when retrofitting the satnav? I fitted the connect system to my 2007 Note and obviously my mic doesn't work. If so I would be interested in one. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not the lead, just the plugs so you can make your own, i can make up a lead to suit if you dont want to do it yourself

i am still waiting on these plugs, hopefully this week as there coming in from japan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi flash,

I wouldn't know how to make my own to be honest. How much would I be looking at for you to make one? Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if its just 3 wires you want for the mic£1 extra i will add enough wire so you can get it up to the roof (around 3m)
mr postman delivered the plugs today so now have them

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is it straight forward enough to do? My understanding was that I needed one of those cables I've seen mentioned elsewhere on this forum to just enable the mic with the satnav because I've changed from the 6 cd changer unit to the connect. I've got a mic installed already. Or am I completely misunderstanding what this is for?! Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
these are the mic plugs for the connect !!! the connect uses a different mic iirc, is you mic up by the rear view mirror ?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok all you need to do then is connect up 3 wires behind the radio a yellow, green and brown to one of these plugs

·
Registered
9 Posts
flash22 said:
Just gathering intrest at the moment, after months of trying to source these plugs i have found a supplier
1 Plug with 12 pins £7 posted to your door (more than enough pins for the job)

If you want to add a camera, ect.i have spare pins/terminals what should be about 30p each plus p&p
Hello Flash,

I'm looking for this connector housing and its female pins.
Could you provide me with these items or let me know the name of this supplier able to provide such Sumitomo Wiring Systems connectors ?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have these in stock £6 posted (discounts on more if needed)these are the correct plug for the nissan connect (also use on some jap bikes)
smallest qty you can get in the uk and eu is a box of 1000housingsand a roll of 7000 pins

pm what you require

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi flash,

I'm still interested in this cable, now that I'll actually have time to fit it! Are you still doing them? Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can supply the plugs still

·
Registered
5 Posts
Flash, do youhave any of the plugs/pins left as I am considering fitting a reversing camera to the wife's 2011 Note? Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes pm me for more details

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

I've just managed to bag a connect unit with USB cable, mic lead, USB/ 3.5mm socket and connect manual for a pretty good price. I see someone on here mentioned about already having a mic fitted( I have the 6cd version with BT fitted at the moment, but I see you mentioned about changing the plug over. Would this be at both ends or just the end which terminates at the back of the head unit and how hard is this to do? I could use the mic lead that's included with the connect I just bought, but I really don't want to be yanking bits of my dash and roof lining apart unless its really necessary!!

Where's the best place to fit the GPS antenna??

Mike.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gps aerial sits up under the dash on the right behind the stereo
with the mic its just a case of joining things up as its a later mic it may be ok the connect uses a powered mic

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi again,

I'll have to wait and see if the wiring plugs I currently have work with the existing mic I have fitted. I've just come across one of your posts in where you mention about having 3 top compartments, you wouldn't happen to have a top compartment for a USB/ 3.5mm socket around would you? From what I understand my existing compartment with just the vertical mounted aux socket won't allow fitment of the USB socket? Annoying as I was hoping to not needing to change it!!

I have an included GPS aerial, however the cable looks a bit too long( not a genuine Nissan GPS cable) any idea how much they are new? Tried eBay but no luck!!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
havent a clue on price, the usb/aux will fit but you wont be able to have the lid shut with anything plugged in to it
top cubby - sorry no i have got any apart from an early one with no mount/holes in it, and one that points upwards

with the cable route for the gps it goes all around the houses and it must be a good 200mm back from the stereo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts