Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Note-sters

Anyone else like me suffering from a duff Nissan Connect manual?

Mine starts at page17 section 4 then runs to page 6 of section 5, then starts at section3 and runs through all of the sections 4,5,6 etc, through to the end.....

Hence no clue as to what is is in sections 1 & 2... it was printed in France....... perhaps that explains it... good at wine and cheese making but not much else???????

Doh!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
i have a connect manual for sale if your interested pm me

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Flash

I'll give downloaded version a go.
Given the over-kill of obscurely written instructions, I should hopefully be able to make some sense of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Flash
The link you kindly provided doesn't seem to work. Is there another one that you know of please?

Ta muchly

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Link fixed - error was due to a forum update/bb code change

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Sadly, there is no way of turning this 'nag notice' off.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Nope you cant its part of a eu directive iirc

·
Registered
52 Posts
sportyblueone said:
I'd like to know if you can turn off having to press "accept" every time you start the car.minor niggle,but a niggle nonetheless

Care to explain what you mean by this ???? if it is what I'm thinking it is then mine doesn't do that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Scotty,when you have the unit set on map you have to press accept before it'll show you the map.Very minor niggle I'll agree but wish it could be turned off.Ours is a 62 plate older shape than yours so maybe they've altered it

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Things changed IIRC with new European legislation in 2012, hence it's on 'Connect 1', but not 'Connect 2'

Until that date there was a mandatory 'splash' screen on in car navigation systems which meant that you had to acknowledge that you would use the device 'at your own risk' and that the manufacturers could absolve themselves of blame should you drive up a tree while playing with your SatNav.

It also used to be on early Mi and Garmin SatNavs as well (never had a TomTom at the the time so can't comment on whether they had it as well).

It led to some confusion when the legislation changed - including Nissan and Renault not putting a clock within the instrument panel as they interpreted the new legislation as prohibiting this.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nigel B said:
It led to some confusion when the legislation changed - including Nissan and Renault not putting a clock within the instrument panel as they interpreted the new legislation as prohibiting this.
I'm going to ask the dealer to re-instate the clock on Connect screenwhen it goes in for its 1st service.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts