Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having taken my Connect out of the car at the weekend to fit a microphone (another story), I now have a new problem. The key illumination and auto/illumination functions no longer work. I can still manually change the illumination of the screen but leaving this set to auto causes no reaction when the headlights come on. There is no illumination in any of the Connect buttons either.

I tried a reset to factory settings in the system menu but this did not work.

Any ideas appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you will need to set it up again its under the setup menu - brightness the button on the top left also over rides the auto dimming

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Flash that's not it and I think the fault lies in either the unit itself or the wiring behind. In the 'secret' diagnostic menu in setup, the illumination signal is at 0% even when the headlights are switched on. In other words, the connect does not appear to be receiving the signal that the lights have been turned on.

I think it will have to come out and the pins on the multi-connector examined. Boo Hoo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FIXED - but don't ask me how. I took the connect out - took the opportunity to swap out the top cubby hole for the minty original one that came with my car - put it back together and re-connected the battery. Switched on ignition and - let there be light - the button illumination came on and the screen dimmed.

Diagnosis - loose connection??

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
more than likely a loose wire i had my reverse wire come loose the sat nav thought the car was going backwards and sent the nav and me mad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts