Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We have a Nissan Note and 2 mobile phones which we want to connect, both running the Android operating system. My phone is a HTC Sensation Z710e running Android 4.0.3 and works fine (although it took numerous attempts to get it to work), my mum's phone is a Samsung Y running Android 2.3.6 which can connect to the Nissan Connect via bluetooth to act as a bluetooth headset to make or receive calls and numbers can be dialled via the touchscreen, but it won't allow the phonebook to be imported.

Our local Nissan dealer and Virgin both deny that the problem is with their products, so ATM we're being passed from pillar to post about this issue.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you tried sending the numbers you need across one at a time? Worked well on my non connect note.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
as above you need to move them one at a time
no problems here with a samsung ace but ist worth downloading samsung kies to make sure the firmwear is up to date

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Was in my local Nissan dealer this morning and two people were at the service desk asking about Android 'syncing' problems. The dealer was unable to help so I may well tell them about moving contacts 'one by one'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Tried moving contacts one by one, but that doesn't appear to work either. The phone's firmware is updated, I don't see the benefit of installing Kies, because it's not required to download the firmware.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh, that's strange, it's worked eventually like that for everyone. Maybe you'll have to try something stupid like sending the contacts via another phone to the car...(or just type a few important ones in manually.)

Out of interest does that mean you can update that phone 'over the air'? EverySamsungphone I've used needed Kies, which is a terrible bit of software.

It's strange to think people used to survive without all this technology!

EDIT: Please don't think i'm suggesting you're being petty by trying to get this to work!
Edited by: MrNote

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The connect should just grab the phonebook when the phone pairs with it.
AFAIK, there is only 1 mobile phonebook, so if a different phone pairs, it has to overwrite the previous entries. There should be a user phonebook as well, that you can tippy type contacts into on the connect. (Read this in the owners handbook for the car, I don't have one for the connect)
There is a difference between sim contacts and contacts stored in the phone- I think it only grabs the ones stored in 'phone memory.

(It just works with my iphone, no button pressing once paired, which amazed me, no way could I transfer even one contact from iphone to old bluetooth radio.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

The Connect can register up to 4 phones with their respective phonebook.
For Android phones, during registering process the phone will ask you to allow data exchange with the Connect. This request lasts few seconds only and you have to be very reactive.
If this step is not completed, upload of the phonebook will fail.
Once completed, go to phone page on the Connect and select upload phone book entry.
Then wait, wait, wait. It could take up to 10 minutes to complete.
Repeat this process with other phones.
A copy of the phone book is now stored in the Connect. Il will not be updated at next pairing automatically. You have to request a new upload on the Connect when new contacts are added in your phone.
Notice that the Connect can pair with one phone only at any time. The first phone "seen" by the Connect will be paired. When more than one already registered phones are onboard, you can select the one to use at any time in the Connect setup menu.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For Android phones, during registering process the phone will ask you to allow data exchange with the Connect. This request lasts few seconds only and you have to be very reactive.<br style=": rgb251, 251, 253; ">If this step is not completed, upload of the phonebook will fail.
In my experience, this is the key. Keep the notifications tab open while pairing and watch for it, it doesn't automatically pop up on older Android versions, but it does appear in the notifications tab.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HR100 said:
Hello,

For Android phones, during registering process the phone will ask you to allow data exchange with the Connect. This request lasts few seconds only and you have to be very reactive.
If this step is not completed, upload of the phonebook will fail.
Tried pairing my Sony Experia to Nissan Connect for the first time. It asked me to allow data exchange so I clicked yes and also the "don't show me this message again" box.
Phone paired but without the phonebook.
I deleted the pairing and started again. This time when the data transfer message came I clicked ok and it then appeared another four or five times. I clicked ok on each occasion and it downloaded my phonebook ok.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A lot of Android phones do not show Notifications automatically. They are just displayed on the Notifications screen which you never get to see when pairing for Bluetooth. The Connect sends 2 notifications to the phone. Firstly to ask if the authorisation is permanent, and secondly to ask for access to the address book. I have been caught out many times by this. You need to always have the Notifications screen available as soon as you carry out pairing.

Richard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts