Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So I'm currently getting my 1.4 Note Acenta next week and I've already ordered a connect from eBay, the only prob is that my scent has the aux only port :(

Basically I'm looking to purchase an aux/USB port and do the wiring myself.

Can anyone tell me if it's just a case of wiring up 8 wires pin to pin with molex crimps on both ends?

Also can the old aux cable be used in anyway or is it completely different?

Thanks for all the info already on here, it's gave me a few nice nights of reading up.
Once I've contributed a bit more hopefully some kind chap can send me the service manuals.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its pin for pin but keep the usb and aux sheilded from each otheriirc the usb aux out part is under £20 and do come up on ebay from time to time

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks flash, I've emailed a few spare parts dealers and have been watching eBay avidly but nothing yet :(

I'll make an 8pin cable up in work today, and heat shrink it all up, what length do you recommend? Is around 500mm enough?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
5-600mm the oem cable loops around part of the dash an makes the removal of the connect a pain,

1.2mm female pins are ideal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent. I managed to order the actual USB/aux port from Nissan for 34quid to pick up on Monday so I now have all the pieces in place except the cable.

I have 2 types of connections at work that I'll try,

1st is 4 pin molex connectors, the only thing I can see stopping this from working is if the pin spacing on the unit is different to my connector or too bulky.

2nd is to use the square amp molex type pins and heatshrink them to stop shorts then just push them over the pins.
The ones I have here are more rectangle than square at around 1.3 to 1.6 mm I think.

If this all goes well over the next week then next stop is reversing camera :)

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I used the square molex pins and heat shrink: was a bit tight getting
them on, I think insulating alternate pins is the way to go.

I actually cut the male end off a USB extension (the wires matched the colours Nissan suggest), and left the female end
dangling in the cubby box: saved the £34 for the fitted socket.

I didn't bother connecting the analogue audio socket, never once needed one in over 30 years of motoring!

Edited by: mnl

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi mnl,

Great work on the usb hack

I ended up goung for the actual usb-aux port as i know my mrs would moan about a cable in there all the time, but that was going to be my route if the local nissan dealer had no ports in stock.

Hopefully the cable making goes to plan and ill post up pics as soon as i make them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I managed to get some spare time and made 2 cables today, hopefully one of them fits ok, the one with the connectors will be the cleanest looking solution but if they both fit then anyone on here who needs the other cable is welcome to it.

here they are

1 - 9 of 9 Posts