Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and welcome to the site!

Use this section to introduce yourself, tell us a bit about your car etc.

Enjoy

Dan

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi,

Nissan Note 1.6 auto Tekna model, owned nissans before but bigger (bluebirds), always had bigger cars so find this a little small but after owning it for a month i am slowly getting used to the size of the Note, beggining to enjoy driving the car although it still needs to go back into the garage to fix a known fault with the suspension...bit annoyed about that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks, Dan, for the welcome.
Bought Note (petrol 56 reg) as wife's car to replace our very aged Favorit. (It's the newest car I've bought). She can't drive, so I'm her chauffeur (and gofer) and she chose it.She likes the feeling of space, the seat heightand the rear wheel arches don't intrude into the seat, so access is easy - and there's a large shelf for her to put her handbag while she gets into the front passenger seat, settles herself, adjusts her skirt, does her hair, finishes her make-up ..... and finally fastens her seat-belt.

There's not much I like about it, but I'm getting used to it. Its final drive ratio would better suit a van/pickup so, although fuel consumption is good (43 av.; 50 on long trips) it could be even better. Revs are 15% higher than the Favorit's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I've just bought a 2008 (57 plate) 1.6 Note Tekna Auto.

Reason for buying was that we are expecting first baby in September and currently had a Peugeot 107 (not big enough) and Ford Mondeo Mk2(not reliable enough). We were looking at Focus C-Max's but my wife thought they were too big.

Went a test drove a noteand were really impressed with the space etc so it was a done deal.

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hello all

I have a 59 Note ntec 1.5.
Very happy with the 70 mpg vs my old Almera GTi doing 35 and 40 at best.
But I do miss how the GTi would go around the bends.

Rich from Chester

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome, Rich. I know the Note's not a GT but I'm surprised at how well it corners for a car of its height. It's one of the few things I like about the car. Mine gets a lot of sharp bends use in North Wales where I need to hug the near-side bank/hedge for fear of meeting farm machinery or a 4x4 whose driver needs to leave 3ft on her near-side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all.

I should have introduced myself before posting but only saw "newbie" section after.
Our car is 07 1.6 se Auto.my wife drives it most of the time,I drive vans.Fairly lively car for its type,but took some getting used to after 2.0 audi A6 & 2.3 Audi coupe,but the tax/ins.& general running costs vote in favour.Any one who drives in Ireland will understand the days of fast driving are over because on most main roads ,except motorways,you are lucky to average 30mph.due to the presence of "40mph man" he who hogs the white line at 40 even in a 30 zone combine this with over zealous use of continuos white lines,gatzo vans, & traffic calming zones-you get the picture.

Enough of the rant,as far asservicing goes most is straightforward & sensible,1/2hr to do oil change & filters,inc.air.check brake pads & discs,fluid levels etc.I do all my own work.Had to change lower front balljoints after four years,one was simple remove the arm press out old one press in new one and replace arm,about 20min.The other side had to be done insitu because you cannot remove the arm without loweringthe engine subframe,all because you cant remove the bolt to take the arm out.Had to use hydraulic pullers & a lot of foul language took about 1hr.Balljoints about13euro each and a few hours,she is due front discs & pads maybe Santa will oblige.The other thing is the odd tyre size only two makes on sale here @ 110-120 euro each.having said all that we are very happy with her.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all

I have been around here for a couple weeks now but I am just finding this thread

We bought an 09 auto note less than a week ago and so far so good. Our previous car was a 1994 starlet and that what my wife learned to drive from. Hence, her transitioning to a slightly longer chassis is nail-biting experience for me
but she has been handling herself.

For me, I am new to the CVT transmission so I thought there was something wrong the first few times I drove it and didn't feel the gears changing, but research put my mind at ease. It doesnt corner as well as I would like as I was a bit of a racer a few years back, but its not a sports car so I wont beat it up too badly. It runs pretty well and is quite peppy for its class; I am also quite fond of the mileage it gives.

Lets see what the future holds tho.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought a new 1.6dci ntec about 3 weeks ago bit small after my P12 Primera ( one of the first) which I have passed to my son but it is quickly growing on me.

Appears to have what I think is a silly minor fault which the garage says is a design feature! So I need to find the forum for asking about that.

Impressed with the low fuel consumption on the motorway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts