Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I'm happy to introduce myself as a newcomer to this form - we have just bought a 2012 Note ntec+, we have had it for 5 days now and so far we absolutely love it, definintely one of the best cars I've ever driven. We have a young daughter and wanted something that was practical and spacious but not too big, and it fits the bill perfectly. There is just one question I have that I thought someone on here might kindly be able to help me with....

- Our Sat Nav does not currently work and is asking for a Nissan SD card to be inserted, should this have been something we should have been given by the car dealer when we bought the car? or something we need to purchase separately? The car dealer didn't mention anything about it and we haven't had a chance yet to go back and ask about it.

If anyone could help me with this it would be really appreciated.

Thank you
<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape><a href="http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif"></v:></v:shape>

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi.. and welcome!

The sat nav is all but useless without the SD card which contains all the maps.

You should go back to the dealer and ask for it. Depending on the dealer it could have been removed for security, or it could be that some other knowledgable but light-fingered "potential customer" could have helped themselves to a free map upgrade

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry ignore my above query about Sat Nav - just realised I shouldnt' be posting this here !! rookie mistake. Will re-post in correct section.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh thank you very much for your reply - didn't think anyone would answer since I should have posted question in technical section.

Anyway, I'll definitely be going back to the dealer to ask for the SD card. I was rather dissapointed when my other half arrived with the new car and the sat nav didn't work - it was one of the main reasons I picked the car ! Hope the dealer is helpful l!

Thanks again

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
If the worst comes to the worst and the dealer won't play ball (they should, especially if a Nissan dealer or one that values their reputation) then the SD cards are readily available for around £30.

Either on EBay (careful and ensure it is listed for a Note) or via the sale and wanted forum here.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
check your owners folder some times they tuck them in the flap inside

I will let you off this time but don't do it again lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nigel B said:
SD cards are readily available for around £30.
Either on EBay (careful and ensure it is listed for a Note) or via the sale and wanted forum here.
If you *do* have to buy a card, then as Nigel says make sure that it's listed for a 'Nissan Connect' system (I don't think it has to necessarily be for a Note) and also check that it is up-to-date (otherwise you could find yourself driving around with 2009 maps
)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts