Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
I have spent a while searching but my question may be generic. Airbag light flashing on my Nissan Note Acenta manual 2009 model. Mobile ecotune came, couldnt fix fault (£30) and said new clockspring needed. I rang nearest Nissan dealer (20 miles down M5 who had it back for a recall a few years ago possibly an airbag issue but dont remember.) Obligingly gave me part number which I passed on to ecotune mechanic, bought for £62, came to fit (£60) and found it didnt fit as part number different. Nissan garage insisted it's the right number (my guy says he has fitted loads and its the wrong part) and the part number on my clockspring is obsolete according to Nissan spares guy. Ecotune mechanic has now been twice (£90) He says he can order the part online that I need (£80) and fit it (£60-£90). Nissan insist that if they do the job (£350 quote) they will charge me for the part as new (£210). So, are new parts available if they are obsolete? Can someone explain how the dealership copes with fixing a car if parts no longer available please and should they charge full price if it's a second hand part? Sorry to take so long to explain. Probably a one sentence reply is needed! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Watch this video ---
The job itself is very easy to do with basic tools.
Get your VIN number and goto www.partsouq.com
That site will give you the part number for your VIN, then you can buy from them or anywhere else you like.
You can do the fitting yourself, as i said, it's an easy job and save a good few quid.
When i bought one for the note i used to own it cost me around £45 'ish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Watch this video ---
That site will give you the part number for your VIN, then you can buy from them or anywhere else you like.
You can do the fitting yourself, as i said, it's an easy job and save a good few quid.
I saw the video a while ago hence getting a mechanic as I am not able to do repairs. The part number that appears on my vehicles clockspring....is that the VIN? I put it into th
Watch this video ---
Thanks ....I already watched that some weeks ago but I am not able to do car repairs hence needing the local mechanic. I have the VIN off my registration document but when I put it into partsouq it brings up the make of my car etc but I dont see a parts number only model number. Is the parts number the number which appears on the clockspring I already have fitted in my vehicle? When I google that number is brings up second hand clocksprings so I am assuming I already have the part number. My query concerns how main dealers repair cars when parts are obsolete. Do they charge new prices for second hand parts? Not happy to pay £210 for a part which may be second hand.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The clock spring in your car will have the part number printed on it.
Using that number should get results for that part.
New parts will exist, you just have to search for them, it took me nearly a week to find one.
As for fitting, any good local independant garage will be able to do the job but as you're providing the part they probably wont guarantee said part.
On partsouq you have to search the relevant section that has the part you need. I,E Engine, Gearbox, Wiring etc etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thank you for this info and link - I've just been quoted £500 from Nissan for the same repair - so with use this method to find the part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for this info and link - I've just been quoted £500 from Nissan for the same repair - so with use this method to find the part.
I tried the fix of turning key on and off as per youtube video but fix only lasted a few minutes. Will now get second hand part and hope my garage will fix it for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts