Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Due to minor health issues;that I am trying to protect; I am looking to change my car. Iam looking for something with a fairly high seat that is an automatic. There is only my wife and myself so we don't need a massive vehicle, although I do like a bit of room. I have test driven a 2012 Note Ntec+ that I quite liked and from my research on the WWW it does seem one of the better options. I was just wondering if others like myself have had doubts because of the look. To me sometimes it looks ugly and other times quirky. It is only a minor detail I know and I am almost certain to get the car but its that little nagging doubt. I currently drive a 3 door fiesta (61 reg) that looks great but unfortunately I cant carry on driving it. If/when I do get it I'm sure I will be eyeing the forum for tips/hints. Thank you in anticipation of any views.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Seat height and design is something I have had quite a bit of experience of over the years due to my mothers increasing immobility.

We bought a C-Max back in 2005 and had it for 10 years. Mother coped with it pretty well but at the point we swapped it for the Note last year she was starting to find the seat was a bit high. The seat in the E12 Note is not much lower but is a perfect height for her.

At the time we bought the C-Max dad had a Honda Jazz, favourite of the over 80's. He bought it to replace a Nissan Almera which gave incredibly trouble free service for 7 years but mother could not get in and out without a struggle, the Jazz was much better. But after about 4 years as her condition worsened she was struggling again and it was obvious why. The seat bases were not flat and level, they sloped to the rear and once in mother was stuck, so it was off round the dealers again.

First choice was obvious, a C-Max since she found ours brilliant but dad decided it was too big for him. So the dealer got mother into a Fusion which worked brilliantly for her, better than the C-Max in truth since the seat was slightly lower but again dad decided it was too big.

So off to the Nissan dealer to try a Note and there was an immediate issue. The seat height was perfect but the seats were set into the cabin quite a distance from the outer edge of the sill and mother could not stretch across that gap. In our E12 Note the seats are probably about 2" closer to the outer edge of the sill which makes one hell of a difference.

When we bought our Note the other main contender was the Kia Venga. It failed for us because as before the seat was a bit too high but as a second hand buy its brilliant if you get an approved used one from a Kia dealer that still has the remainder of the 7 year warranty, a 2012 car would still have 3 years left, as much as a new Note.

So without sounding like I am anti Nissan (we love ours) get yourself off to a Kia showroom and sit in and drive a Venga and then decide which suits you best.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Dare I say, sod the looks.

I have severe mobility issues so my choice is limited.

Never had any problems with either access or comfort in the E11 (i.e. not the newer shape) Note

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies. I have looked at the C max and as you've mentioned I was put off by the size basically because we don't need it. I had also looked at the Venga but most of the reviews plus the someone I know who works in the industry have said the Note would be better to drive. I am 54 and although I don't have big mobility problems I do have problems with my hip and lower back. What you have mentioned about the seats being flat thunderbird applies to me. I have just decided to go with the Note so should have it by next weekend. Quick question whilst I'm on, Is there anything I need to do or anywhere that I can read up on the Connect system that's fitted. Thank you once again.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
There's plenty on the connect system, post after post, use "search"

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The E11note (06 - 13)is very practical and disabled friendly due to seat height and door openings, the boot opening is square without the high boot lip of a hatch - you may be tempted by the new Note for the same sort of money but this is now in the same class as your currentFiesta, seating is around 2" lower than the E11 what is the difference to get out of the car or crawling out the car<div abp="1323">
<div abp="1324">The E11 was a big hit with Motability customers that's why there are so many about, the last Motability E11's end there 3 year contracts this year
<div abp="1324">
<div abp="1324">If your still looking around I suggest you look at the rica site that list 1000's of cars by there accessibility
<div abp="1324">
<div abp="1324">http://www.rica.org.uk/
<div abp="1324">
<div abp="1324">http://www.rica.org.uk/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you once again for the replies and I will do the search as advised. Thank you flash22, I found the seat level drop on the ford focus when it changed as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The looks of a Note are well compensated by its comfort inside the car. Really top. However she is costly to maintain, has a few design errors and Nissan refuses all support.. if you can get a good one for little go ahead.
This car is not maintainable if not official dealer. Most are not any more . And uses a 15000 km poor maintenance interval. I drove one for 100.000 Kms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts