Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I purchased a 2011 Nissan Note N Tec 1.4 (61 plate) Blade Silver with 16,500 miles ex dealer demo and 1 lady owner. Full Nissan Service History and a new clutch at about 15,000 miles which surprised me. It cost £5,995 from an independent dealer on the 27-7-22. it seems rather a lot to me, I did look around and with the low mileage FSH etc it’s like new, and 2nd hand car prices are very high at the moment.

I would have preferred a diesel but with all the emission controls and ULZ costs it seems that it’s best to go with petrol for a car this age. I would have also preferred a 1.6 but couldn’t find a similar one of this age and condition etc. One good thing is that it seems the petrol engines are chain driven rather than a cam belt on the diesels which needs changing every 5 years. I would imagine it’s a case of keeping on top of the oil changes.

The only thing I could do with is parking sensors and I don’t know if that’s a retro fit that can be done, or parking camera on the Nissan Connect 1. I have just ordered a V11 maps update for it and new carpets.

So far I like it and am looking forward driving it and engaging on the forum.

·
Registered
Nissan Note Tekna 1.5 dCi
11 Posts
I think you can retrofit parking sensors and reversing cameras to most cars these days. If you contact a local bodyshop you may find that they will fit the sensors and colour match them, one local to me offer this facility. If colour matching is not an issue, somewhere like Halfords offer options for both sensors and cameras.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi everyone,

I purchased a 2011 Nissan Note N Tec 1.4 (61 plate) Blade Silver with 16,500 miles ex dealer demo and 1 lady owner. Full Nissan Service History and a new clutch at about 15,000 miles which surprised me. It cost £5,995 from an independent dealer on the 27-7-22. it seems rather a lot to me,
Crikey, they saw you coming 6 grand for an 11 year old banger. Our 3 year old Note went on the forecourt for 7.5 K which seemed a lot to me.

Last motor I sold was a low miles 7.5 year old Micra which sold for a sensible £2800.

·
Registered
Note 2009 dci86 owner on a budget
229 Posts
Hi everyone,

I purchased a 2011 Nissan Note N Tec 1.4 (61 plate) Blade Silver with 16,500 miles ex dealer demo and 1 lady owner. Full Nissan Service History and a new clutch at about 15,000 miles which surprised me. It cost £5,995 from an independent dealer on the 27-7-22. it seems rather a lot to me, I did look around and with the low mileage FSH etc it’s like new, and 2nd hand car prices are very high at the moment.

I would have preferred a diesel but with all the emission controls and ULZ costs it seems that it’s best to go with petrol for a car this age. I would have also preferred a 1.6 but couldn’t find a similar one of this age and condition etc. One good thing is that it seems the petrol engines are chain driven rather than a cam belt on the diesels which needs changing every 5 years. I would imagine it’s a case of keeping on top of the oil changes.

The only thing I could do with is parking sensors and I don’t know if that’s a retro fit that can be done, or parking camera on the Nissan Connect 1. I have just ordered a V11 maps update for it and new carpets.

So far I like it and am looking forward driving it and engaging on the forum.
Enjoy your note, they are a great motor, it will outlast you...... has it had the airbag recall?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
I checked the MOT history online for the car and it didn’t say it had an outstanding recall. The car had been serviced every year at Nissan Service Dealer and I would imagine that they would have done it at the time. Is there a way to check online?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,211 Posts
Hi,
I checked the MOT history online for the car and it didn’t say it had an outstanding recall. The car had been serviced every year at Nissan Service Dealer and I would imagine that they would have done it at the time. Is there a way to check online?

Thanks
Enquire at the Dealership/s where it was serviced at.

Welcome to the forums.(y)

·
Registered
Note 2009 dci86 owner on a budget
229 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
I have this weird memory of checking checking mine JUST using the reg number on the dot gov site, as you probably did and it mentioned zero recalls, however then i checked using https://cartaxcheck.co.uk/check-mot-history , you have to scroll a bit to find it but , bingo. it was there

i think the recalls only started 2017, or 2019 like yours mine was serviced every yr, first two things, check on this site i gave , and ring nisan customer service
Nissan Motor (GB) Limited
Opening Hours Mon-Fri: 08:00 to 20:00, Sat: 08:00 to 14:00
Telephone: 0330 123 1231

If theyve been done/not done, Nissan uk will have a record---- i did and they hadn't

I arranged for mine to be done at a nissan dealer , when they'd done it , i asked for paperwork proof, We don't give you any paperwork its all logged on Nissan UK computers, ---- was the reply ........!, oh and insist they wash and vav your car, even though you aren't paying for the recall , its a job a dealer is performing for you, cpl next to me at service desk were booking there can in and were offered the free wash and vac---- i wasn't, so insist you have this Free Service

Also point to note, if the Airbags have been done at the same dealer where car was serviced ALL its life then they'll have a record of it booked in to have the recall done, unless they moved and missed the recall letter, However......... if the recall was done on the prev owners driveway by the AA, yes the AA fgs , they wont......., mine for eg was bought by me in dec 2020 ,3 months later had a letter off Nissan uk saying airbag recall, and i thought, well why didn't prev owner have it done? it could be Nissan are/were just slow at contacting owners.

Boysie is bang on, ring the dealer, BUT its not there job to issue recall notices and notify owners-----rubbish system YES

Finally way to early on a Friday morning for me..., but take the hotpoint dryer recall, if the dryers been modified it has a green sticker next to the serial number sticker to say its been done, so , its easy , if people buy a 2nd hand dryer and there's no sticker, one quick cal to Hotpoint and they'll tell you----SIMPLE

Oh yes and enjoy this site lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts