Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a set of new wiper blades from a seller on ebay. A 24" + 13".The 13" has a frame of 13", but the wiper part of it only measures 12.5". This misses the sensor so the auto wipers are out of operation. They emailed me and said that they have sold over 100 sets of wiper blades for the Noteand had no problems with the other sales.
I fit as standard 14" blades to my Note, YES they do fit and I feel that it gives you that little bit extra clear view, it also really covers the sensor and that is all that matters.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I get mine on Amazon from EA £4.50 plus del for a pair of fronts, work well but as I don't have a rain sensor the extra 1/2 inch doesn't matter at the top end too much but I will measure to see what improvement it may offer me.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't go out and buy a 14" just for the sake of trying it out. If you don't have a rain sensor, there's no point. But a 14" blade does cover the sensor wellIf you have a sensor, you have to be extra careful during the winter months, as if you leave the auto wipers on, in the morning and every thing is frozen up, the first thing the wipers want to do is clear the screen. Of coarse, if they are also frozen to the screen, it don't do the rubbers any good.
But I've got to admit, the auto wipers are good when it's drizzling, non of this keep flicking them on and off.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Wasn't going to buy one just measure the space, the non auto version has variable wipe function that works quite well, not keen on auto wipers or lights as I am capable of determining when I need them, I also use Rain X on all the windows, so on the motorways in rain no need of wipers at all.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've used "Rain-X in the past, and still got some in the garage. But I find with that, is, once the wipers have past over,it seems to leave a smear that lasts a second or two.
I've tried all different ways of applying the stuff, but still get that smear, a few years back I had a service engineers job which I covered about 70,000 miles a year for a few years, but I could not get used to that smearing. But I did like it at first, when on the motorway, I liked to get up to speed just to get it to work, the trouble was I was consentrating more on the screen clearance than on the road it's self.
Then with the Note, I had a problem with condensation on the front screen, once again somebody in these forums suggested using the Fog-X. Another big mistake, took a lot of cleaning to get that off.
But if you like rain-X, stick with it

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
if it's smearing you need to use more elbow grease when polishing off and clean the wipers with alcohol. I get the occasional smear but it's usually when there is grime on the blades from city contamination.

·
Registered
151 Posts
interesting point about the smaller of the 2 front wipers blades and good heads up for the auto setting in the cold winters months

·
Registered
92 Posts
I swear by turtle wax waterless car wash myself. Find it has a similar effect to rain X but without the smearing. I also have 14" blade on nearside no problem.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was "E A Car parts" that I purchased my blades from. I'm sending the 13" blade back and asking for them to send me a 14" blade, and I will send them the difference in price.
I use a 14" blade now, and they fit. If you don't have auto wipers, their 13" blade is fine.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just posted my 13" wiper blade back to E A Car parts. Because the box was about 16"/18" long it pushed it into the next bracket in cost
The cost of postage was just over £5.00 second class. Would have been cheaper just to have purchased a new 14" blade without sending the first one back.
You live and learn.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
My (Irish) Nissan main dealer, replaced the rubbers on all 3 blades, when only one was 'perished'. ‚¬4.79 inc vat. A bargain.This was done on a previous service, without asking me. I knew one front wiper was a bit gone, so I was a happy bunny at that price.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE.E. A Car Parts have emailed me to say that they have posted out a 14" blade for me.
There's not many companies who respond to customers complaints as fast as that. I give them 10/10 for customer service. Once received and fitted I will report back.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Greyrider said:
Don't know why when I paste links they are not appearing in blue as links???!
Upper part of the answer window > Insert Hyperlink Icon > Adress > Paste the Link > OK

Edited by: Papo

·
Registered
151 Posts
just measured the n/s front wiper blade on our 06' sve, its 14' so that's what we'll stick with

1 - 19 of 19 Posts