Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.I've got a Visia, which has a cheap Nissan CD/radio with a single DIN, and a cubby above. I want to change the stereo, possibly to a Nissan Connect.
It seems that I need to change the whole fascia if I want a double DIN stereo. The cubby is moulded into the Visia's fascia as a single unit.
Has anyone ever retrofitted a Connect or other double DIN head unit to a Visia? Wreckers should have the appropriate fascias.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
You just need to change the surround or cut out the pocket above the radio (single din)

For information on fitting the connect use the search box at the top of the page as its been covered plenty of times

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Flash 22.I'm looking into buying a better Nissan stereo from a wrecker. I was told that if I have the chassis number of the vehicle, I can get the radio code -- presumably from a Nissan dealer? Info on the web, however, indicates that dealers are not that forthcoming in proiding codes!

There seems to be another way: with the serial number of the stereo, these guys will provide the code (for a fee):

http://www.radio-code.co.uk/nissan-radio-codes.html

Any views?
Many thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc you can get the code for the basic radios but the connect is a different matter your be very lucky if you can get a code from a dealer without proof of ownership of the car it come from

1 - 4 of 4 Posts