Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just bought an E11 ntec 2011 1.6 Auto, 38000 miles and full service history in Nissan dealer since 2014.
It had two owners before me, first clocked 10k miles per year, for 3 years. Second owner did about 2k miles (or less) per year for 7 years.

So far I am happy with it, but some issues/worries that I have:

1. From reading this forum, I went to check the ATF. Level was fine, but it was not "cherry red", it is brownish but still transparent. There are some tiny smudges on it, first I thought they were tiny metal bits, but I can smear then, they are not solid. Should I worry about it?

2. It is pulling to the right while driving, I did not notice it during the test drive, let's see how if the dealer will pay for an alignment.

3. Rear washer not spraying, just dripping water. Is this how it should be?

If you have any hints/tips on maintain it or some nice add-on to have, I would be thankful.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
1,975 Posts
1).If you not happy with the trans fluid, change it.
2). Check tyre pressures/wear/ condition of all the tyres, and do they match on the axles-front and back. Reallignment possibly.
3). Possibly a partialy blocked rear washer jet. Remove and flush the pipe.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Despite the low milage it doesn't surprise me that the ATM fluid is dis coloured at ten years old.
As Boysie says I'd change it.
Pulling to one side.. That's usually wheel alignment (or a result of accident damage) but the former is the most likely.
Washer jet as suggested.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Pulling to one side could also be slightly binding brakes on the side the car drifts to.
As the others suggest, change the ATF as soon as you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

1. should I go for a powerflush of the ATF or a simple drain + top up would be enough?
2. already scheduled a wheel alignment.
3. how to remove it? should I open the boot trim to access it?

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
1,975 Posts
A flush will be good, before a refill.
As for removing trim to access the water jet, I have no idea. I haven't even looked at mine in 10 years of ownership. Perhaps another member could give further info.

·
Registered
908 Posts
If i remember correctly, when i owned the E11 variant, if you remove the high level brake light you can also access the connection to the washer jet.
Not sure if it's the same on the E12 but it could well be the same.
Careful when you remove the brake light though or you could crack the lens, plus it will have to be sealed again when you replace it.Some members have used silicone sealant to do the job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts