Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I recently purchased a nissian note accenta 2014 plate, it's a upgrade from a Peugeot 107 for me, so I am enjoying the room and the drive!
The only thing is when I go over speed bumps it squeaks! Silly me didnt notice this on the test drive, nor did my husband as we didnt go over any speed bumps!
I rang the dealer yesterday who told me it sounds like the brushes and this wasn't covered on the warranty he supplied me with, off course he is happy to recommend his friends garage!! The car was mot less then 3 weeks ago at his this garage and was purchased with no mot advisories.
I am taking it to my local garage as I trust them.
He did say this was a common fault and I could still drive it fine, but I am getting it fixed!
Does anyone have any idea how much front suspension brushals cost to be fixed?
Thank you

·
Registered
757 Posts
Snap! My Note always squeaks on speed bumps during the winter.
It stays quiet in the summer.
Once the daily temperature goes above 16 degrees it's fine.
And yes it's just rubber bushes that contract in the cold.
If you have them replaced I'll guess that you'll be smiling for one year, and then the new blighters will start squeaking again!.. I'd guess around £100 plus parts plus vat to replace them..(2 hours labour)
I've got used to it and it does remind me to slow right down as i go over the bumps (to the annoyance of those following me) It's a very common complaint but otherwise i can't fault my acenta note.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If yours is still on the originals after 6 years its a minor miracle. Ours were replaced under warranty after 18 months with supposedly improved items and after another 18 months were still fine. Winter or summer made no difference to ours.

But if you have only just bought the car and it was from a garage they are responsible for fixing it for 6 months, its the law and has nothing to do with any warranty or his T & C's.

So go back and quote the Consumer Rights Act to him The Consumer Rights Act 2015 and if he does not play ball speak to your local advice place at the council and if necessary take him to small claims court after getting them fixed. But to stand a chance he must formally refuse to do the work, just taking elsewhere and hoping to get him to pay will not work.

PS Just checked and the bushes are about £5.50 each but there are 2 different diameters. Fitting should take no more than an hour so all in no more than £100.

·
Registered
757 Posts
If you do end up getting the bushes replaced yourself please come back and tell us what you were charged.
(I might just get mine done at some point.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you do end up getting the bushes replaced yourself please come back and tell us what you were charged.
(I might just get mine done at some point.)
Hi
My garage said it was the b bars??? They are coming from Amsterdam and will cost about 115 to replace?
The brushes he said may need to be done at some point just not yet
Hope that helps
Gill

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hi
My garage said it was the b bars??? They are coming from Amsterdam and will cost about 115 to replace?
The brushes he said may need to be done at some point just not yet
Hope that helps
Gill
Hi Gill, b bars...? There would be track rods and track rod ends on the steering. Then there is shock absorbers and anti roll bar in the suspension. Rubber bushes are a common failure and i don't recognise 'b bars'
but I'll keep an open mind! Other members might be able to throw some light on it. I'd be interested to discover what 'b bars' are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts