Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i'm picking up my Note tomorrow its a 1.6 accenta auto, i can only drive auto as i have a disabilityit's just 3 years old and has 10k on clock, got tax and mats out of the dealershipall in allIthinkI have a bargain. However 1 thing i have read is that tyres wear quick and are v expensive.

can anyone shed any light on that?

cheers, i look forward to driving it, im moving on from a corsa 1.4.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If the tracking is out they will wear quickly, if you do a search on this site you will find all relevant posts about tyre wear and price options. Personally my rears are on 26k and are half worn and the fronts were replaced around 22k (1.6 auto). Tyre grip and braking performance rarely come with longevity.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Kevin1969
and welcome to our band of merry men and women!

Can't really help you with tyre wear- as at the moment I am a virtual note owner (haven't got one yet!)

but the price and limited choice offered on the tyre selection on the 16" wheels means that I will likely end up with a 15"model.

sorry I can't help you more, but I am sure someone will be along shortly to advise further.

enjoy your time with this friendly note owners club

Spartacus1961

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
welcome to the forum have a good look around

the standard tires (conti's)do wear quick as there made of cheese (i got 6k miles out of mine)there quite a few tires around nowfor the 16" alloys ranging for 65 upwards but if you want more than 1 or 2 your have to order them in (whats next day most of the time). a set of yokohama c-drives cost me 85 a corner fully fitted at a local tire place

the smaller 14-15" tires are easy to get as there more common and cheaper too

im also disabled and have to drive an auto so your not alone, the note is a very pratical car doors are wide and the seats are about the right hight dont forget motability may help out with free adaptations if you meet the criteria if your on DLA (high rate mobilty)you can get your tax for free too

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have a tekna with 16" tyres, just changed one recently, was £105 for 1 conti contact2
that was on the 25% off deal at Kwik Fit, everywhere else wanted 130 quid,

budget tyres, cheapest was £85 each so not worth it in my eyes,
cant help with the wear quick bit as only had the car for a year

hope that helps

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Kevin My wife has a 1.6 Tekna automatic, tyre wear does not appear to be excessive on our car but Im in the market for two front tyres soon. Have asked fellow members for suggestions myself.We have had our car for about 16 months and are well pleased. Prior to this we had a 2007 Vauxhall Corsa 5 door 1.4 full automatic and to say the Nissan beats it hands down in all departments is an understatement.
I'm sure you will be pleased with your purchase, we would not go back to a Corsa!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I had my Note 06 last March this year, I am the third owner it has 49k mileage on the clock. Previous owners maintained it on nissan garage, is it really worth-it to do the same, it costs a fortune!!! Considering the background of previous owners they are retired professionals... Any suggestions if I have to do the same, take it to Nissan garage for general checks?

Another thing, I'm about to change my two front tyres which was adviced from my MOT last week. I've got Conti's in 4 corners, ' checked the price of these, they are quite expensive. Any other good brands in the market that I could go for?

To other newbies try to check "tyre savings" they have good prices on tyres and fits them to Halfords , another is "tyreshopper" and they fit your tyre in all National garages. You can just choose bet this two whichever is closest to you.Any other webs to check when it comes to tyres?

Many thanks,

ARVIN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts