Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all.

Yesterday was finally the day I picked up my new N-Tec+ Auto, a bit of a change from the Impreza I traded in but I'm liking the car. Especially pleased with the Connect system and the USB support.

Have given the car the once over today as the weather wasn't on my side yesterday. One thing I was disappointed by was the lack of 'hidden' storage under the passenger seat. The near identical demo car I looked at 6 weeks ago had one as did the other older Note I'd looked at elsewhere.

I know spec sometimes changes without warning but as I have the highest grade at present I though I'd ask if other new vehicle owners have found this missing?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hiya..... well I am surprised at them doing away with that storage..... mine(N-Tec+) has it but it was new in August...it's amazing doing away with that....so useful, hope you like the car though...I chose a 1.4 petrol after a disaster before 9000 miles with a DPF diesel I had....not Nissan I would like to say...but if your miles are now low like mine....then you learn the hard way, I was doing local miles with one longish journey during mid week...obviously the 40 mile trek wasn't enough to keep the DPF regenerated....and Bang!!!! good thing it was under warranty.... I have to say how pleased I am with the economic 1.4 petrol...over 50 mpg ....so I'm more than happy with it all round.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Mine was new in July and had the storage, very surprised that it has gone.
Wonder if they have started fitting 'parts bin' bits to make way for the new model in 2013.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have a new Note ntec+ with no underseat storage, I asked the dealer and was told they no longer fit the underseat storage. Very disappointed as my previous note had it fitted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have a new Note ntec+ with no underseat storage, I asked the dealer and was told they no longer fit the underseat storage. Very disappointed as my previous note had it fitted.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
My feeling is, as the underseat storage is still advertised, you may have a case with Nissan mis-selling. But I am no legal expert.

Does the passenger seat base still tilt forward.??

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boysie said:
My feeling is, as the underseat storage is still advertised, you may have a case with Nissan mis-selling. But I am no legal expert.

No, it's a fixed seat now identical to the drivers except for the arm rest. To be honest the brochure and other spec lists also detail chrome mirror caps as standard which I'm glad weren't included anymore, doesn't sound like my cup of tea!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boysie said:

I forget where I've seen it but either the brochure or website has a disclaimer about spec changing without warning.

And although it is a loss as I was expecting it, I'm more than happy with everything else about the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pete62 said:
How long have you had yours?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was in my local Nissan dealership waiting for my MOT and was nosing around as you do
Was looking at the new Ntec+ Note and i noticed that they have done away with the under seat storage box and also noticed no more picnic tables on the rear of the front seats either
so that's a double whammy!! To me they were good selling points especially if you have kids. Bad choice by Nissan me thinks.

Izzy

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
The picnic tables disappeared with the NTec+ spec as did the folding wing mirrors and these were 'replaced' by reversing sensors as standard, two colour alloy wheelsand a bit of chrome trim around the driving lights.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
I suppose the old parts bins are getting empty by now, with the forthcoming new Note.

I wonder what the last old model off the line will be left with.
.......Look out for it, it may resemble a roller skate.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the ntec+ i had while mine was in for a service on a 61 plate had no folding mirrors or seat storage as op said there wore than likely running down the parts in the factory as the parts for the new cars come in from japan, china and taiwan
the new e12e note is due out in the EU/UK on the next plate change 1st of febuary 2013 of course the japs got it back a few months ago i hope thay dont drop the auto box tho in favour of that nasty cvt, that willstop a lotthe motability customers buying notes and more than likely put off other buyers

1.2 supercharged 3 pot is a very unrefined engine it sound like a cement mixer when its coupled to a cvt g.box in the k13 micra

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
CVT.......Daf had a version of that.

Similar principles involved, but those rubber drives bands seemed archaic then.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
They were magic!
As the owner of a Daf 32/33/44/46/55/66 Marathonand a Volvo 343 with CVT boxes I got used to doing 70mph at 1200 revs and regularly getting 55mpg (on old technology).

Name another car where you could change most of the transmission with two wooden wedges and a single socket in about 20 minutes!

The rubber bands were very durable but if one snapped you could get home on the other albeit slowly. This didn't apply on the 46 which only had one band due to the DeDionBouton rear axle (a bloody nightmare!).

Was a sad day for me two weeks ago when, acccording to the Daf newsgroup,the very last roadworthy Daf 66 Marathon Coupein the UK was consigned to the scrapheap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts