Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan have released pictures and details of the all new 2013 Nissan Note.

The new Note has benefited from extensive European development, tailored for European buyers. With engineering work completed at the Nissan Technical Centre Europe (NTCE) in both the UK and Spain and production gearing up at Nissan Manufacturing UK (NMUK) in Sunderland, the new Note has been designed to perfectly meet the demands of today's small car customer.

New Note also continues the Nissan tradition of bringing bold design and exciting new technologies to a new area of the market. Customers will benefit from a raft of innovative features relevant and useful in day to day driving.

Prices and specifications will be unveiled closer to the new Note's European on-sale date in the autumn of 2013.

Full details posted here:http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/news/new-2013-nissan-note/

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
only thing i can see being an issue it them mirrors if something hits them hard its going to kink the door skin
and the rear end is rather big

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
The front end looks better, but the rear end looks worse. The 'old' rear end looked clean and unfussy......but seeing the car in the actual showroom, it may look different.

Look like it's got a fat waistline now.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Initial reactions:
The interior 'redesign' must have taken many minutes to accomplish, still a big grey slab.
One feature of the current not was the 'clear' edge opening at the bottom of the tailgate. The curves on the new one may make it less appealing to some users.
The back-end overall looks like a bloated Smart Car.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Might well do next time around, like the seven year warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
greenplane said:
Does any one ever have any good comments about the car? if not get a KIA!!!

I suppose when it's 'seen in the flesh', and driven, then comparisons will be made more accurately. Until then...........!!!!

Edited by: Boysie

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the interior looks more modernits got hintsof the the corsa about it- no i wouldnt buy a kia
biggest thing for me will be, is the auto a proper auto that may be a deal breaker for some

will the 1.2 supercharged lump be upto the job in the note ?? change the pulley and up the psi from the supercharger

1.6 turbo from juke would make the note a bit more sporty but is there a 1.6 in the line up ??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Small thing but the top dashboard storage box with lid seems to have gone and I know it sounds silly, but that s one thing I love about the note! I stash my iPhone in it and a brio to keep tabs on my petrol receipts. So I like the new design but if my storage box has gone I will be a little upset!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
well the dig-s is the same cvt as whats in the micra imho isnt great and is very clunky if used in auto mode
if the 1.6 is dropped with the proper auto nissan will have shot them selfs in the foot as its one of there biggest sellers. http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/and that only leaves ford, vauxhell, vagand mazda with proper auto boxes

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Do VAG still have proper autos?

When I was looking around before I got my Note all I could find were DSG flappy paddle jobs.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc in the golf thay do, the dsg used only be onin r20, gti and gtd

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
flash22 said:
iirc in the golf thay do, the dsg used only be onin r20, gti and gtd
Sadly, all new Polos and Golfs are now DSG

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh dear...looks as if my current Note will be my last. The interior looks average, though it's difficult to tell until I see it in the flesh. I don't like the front grille; looks stuck on and not an integral part of the design. The biggest problem for me is the lack of a proper auto. I've had a cvt auto before...a truly dreadful Honda HRV. It went through three gearboxes as they had design faults. I found the cvt box loud and underpowered even on a 1.6. Not enough oomph to allow the car to 'creep', especially in reverse. Mated to a 1.2 engine would be disastrous on a Note sized car. Even my 1.6 HRV found it difficult to lug three or more people. Looking at various forums over the years and cvt gearboxes don't rate that highly. Didn't want to be negative about the newcomer but...........

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Engine and Model details here:http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/news/new-2013-note-engine-and-models/

Lots of pictures here:http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/gallery/new-2013-nissan-note-pictures/

I've read a few things in the motoring press about it - they all say now it is designed to take on the Fiesta and has moved away from the MPV style the previous Note has. BUT to me it still looks like a MPV style car and the dimensions are virtually identical so no idea where they are getting that from?

Personally - I quite like it. More of an evolution of the current Note into Nissan's new design language. of course I would like to see it in the 'metal' first.

·
Registered
311 Posts
From the side it looks similar apart from them moving the mirrors to the shoulder on the door as apossed to the corner end of the door, aerodynamics im sure. Though the front has airs of Kia in it the New C'eed has that odd grill with invasive lights, thus making the front end costly for crach repairs, as there seem to be a ot of front end crash note victims!!! Plus you now seem to have a waste of glass where the old mirror used to be. The rear looks sporty and aggressive though i dont like the read ride height as all new cars seem to have the old dragster look low front high back, surely low all the way along would look far better?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
3 engines 1.2, 1.2 supercharged and 1.5 diesel and only cvt boxes makes it a non starter for me, I think
1.2 supercharged is the equivelent to the current 1.4, 1.2 is 3 pot engine and if its anything like the micra its rough and grumbly couple that to a cvt and its going to make one hell of a sound

wait and see, and get my name down for a test drive asap

what are the options, go up the range to a juke (not as pratical)or qashqai (a bit to big)or jump ships

re. the golf had a good look and its only dgs thay fit now

1 - 20 of 177 Posts