Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

New Nissan Note revealed...

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  mdvineng 
#1 ·

The second-generation Nissan Note mini MPV debuted in Japan today, featuring a more dramatic design. Nissan is calling the car's deep character line a "Squash Line," perhaps because it looks like someone squashed the side of the car with the prow of a kayak.

We're more excited about other aspects of the Note than its design, the first being that Nissan will be fitting the car with its Around View Monitor system. Once the province of high-spec Infiniti models, that this camera system has now found its way into the subcompact segment can only point to the technology's proliferation throughout Nissan's product line. While we are big fans of Around View Monitor, we do wonder, however, whether it's really necessary in cars this small?

Our second area of interest lies under the hood, where Nissan is fitting a three-cylinder engine. Don't scoff, as we're willing to bet that just as four is the new six today, three will be tomorrow's new four. This one comes in a neat variant, supercharged and direct injected with a compression ratio of 13:1. Nissan claims the Note will be able to hit "class leading economy of 25.2 km/L" which converts to 59 mpg. The same engine fitted in the new Nissan March makes 92 horsepower and 105 lb-ft of torque, which could be enough power to give this engine a potential future in the North American market.

For now though, the Japanese Note is slated to launch in September, with the European version bowing sometime next year.

More pictures here:http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-nissan-note/

See less See more
#4 ·
Squashed, as in sat on by an elephant
is all the rage now.
e.g. the VW Sirocco, Landrover whatever it is that is new and sporty.

I saw a mini that looked squashed the other day, not sure if it was a custom job.

A bit love or hate it, I like nice big windows, so I hate it, but give it 5 years and I'll get used to the look.

#5 ·
SneakyElephant said:
I don't...the roof is horrible, and where did the boomerang tail lights go?

Fully agree. One of the great advantages of the Note is the high roof line. The new one looks very VERY low at the back. Must try to find a picture of the rear to see how big (or not) the tailgate is .

#6 ·
Actually, if you look at the photos on the link in the first post it looks VERY low unless the two guys standing either side of the car are members of the Nissan Basketball team
Edited by: Nigel B

#7 ·
Looks like we can say goodbye to the full width tailgate, one reason I got the note was it didn't have a silly triangular tailgate because of the high level lights.

Still, it will be a few years before I'm in a position to get one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.