Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - Purchased our 2014 (64 plate) in November. It looks like the satnav map hasn't been updated since factory and I am looking for the cheapest way to update please (it all looks so expensive!).

I am sure there are loads of previous threads on this subject but I cant really find a search button - can anyone help please?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hi and welcome, the seach button is the magnifying glass at top right of the page.
I believe from previous threads that it's hardly worth buying a later sd card.
It would likely not be a lot better than yours...
Mines a 63 plate and whilst it has been of interest at times, I've managed well with the old routes. Mine picks up a recent housing development that was built early 2013.
If you must do it, there are plenty of cards for sale on ebay.

·
Registered
701 Posts
One other point... When i bought my car the SD card was missing.
I bought a replacement and when first inserted it, a caption came up on screen as 'UPDATE yes?'
I obviously pressed 'yes' and bingo all the maps came up.
I'm convinced it only updated up as far as 2014 however.
Also it's crucial you obtain the correct numbered card or it won't work at all.
Take out yours and note down the number before dishing out any money.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi "Hobbitgirl", Welcome to the forum.
Yours is a 2014 Note, what ever you do, don't purchase an SD update card from Nissan, the prices they charge, you'd be better off purchasing a Tomtom or Garmin models with free lifetime updates, being honest you'd be better off purchasing one of those two in the first place. The amount of the time average driver requires the use of a sat-nav, is very little, so to have a reliable up to date sat-nav in the glove compartment, you'd be better off! It's all very nice having an inbuilt sat-nav looks nice, but all car manufacturer's do put a high price for up dating their sat-navs, no matter who.
If you purchased the latest SD card, it will be already 6/9 months out of date, before you put it in. As "Jymmer" said "look on eBay". If you wish to go down that road?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts